Merc 4 blade PRO ET

whipper

I just read that this prop is released last week on the 15th so it may be a while till we get some feed back on it.From what i have heard and read about it that it will be the hottest prop out there and work great on an Allison?I talked to a guy that was testing these props for Merc and there is no top end loss but with all the 4 blade advantages. Its like a cross between a cleaver and a chopper. There was talk that they were going to use there new pantend alloy for this prop like the new Enertia props use but for starters most likely not.There is a two month wait for this prop but by May they should have enough of them to start stocking shelves. They are saying that it will make an exallent Drag prop because of the acceleration and top end these new props will provide,top end like an et or cleaver, hole shot like 4 blade. I cant wait to try one! James

willie

i received the pro et yesterday and was really impresssed with the difference a prop could make. my previous prop was a 26 chopper that came with the xb 2003/225x. the new one is a 28 pro (polished) finish. the 4 blade came out of the hole strong and the speed was also incredible, but what i really noticed was the difference in the driveability. being a novice, i was glad to have driven a chopper for the first portion of the year, and got used to the pad balancing act, and mastering OVERsteer...LOL!! with the new prop you really dont have to drive the boat as much, and it responds much better to steering input!!

Ally03 200xs

willie,

How much faster is the 28 4 Blade ET than the 26 chopper?

willie

i had the fam with me and didnt want to trim it out totally, but we were cruising at 85.6 gps, trimmed down. previously, best speed with 2 people, all our chit and a full tank of fuel was 81.2 with the 26 chopper. also please keep in mind ive only had the boat a few weeks and am still a novice.

whipper

Thats a pretty normal speed for a 28 4 blade with a rev limited 225. If your closer to sea level than I am you could see 87-89 buy your self trimmed right out maybe. I need a 30 3 blade to get to 90 at 2500 ft above sea level. I can gain 1.5 mph for every 1000 ft closer from what I have experienced. I find the trophys require a lot more steering input also than some of my other props. Its nice when you find a good prop that runs smooth. A 26 chopper with 1.87 gears will be on the limmiter before you reach 87 for sure. At 6750 or 6800 a 26 will be 84-85 normaly. You will be faster with a 4 blade in a 26 because it will have less slip and still alow you be at the limitter over a 3 blade.In the lower piches this is the case but the 28-30 pitch 3 blades will start to pull more rpm than a 4 blade of same pitch so the 3 blades in 28-30 should way faster than the 4 blade even with a slightly higher slip over the 4 but there is always exceptions to the rule. James

Last edited:
:idiot
I don't know if I should jump on this post or start a new one. But here goes. I just go my first boat, XB2002, and I love it. I have only have it out a few times and I am disapointed with the top speed. 65 mph with 2 adults and a full live well. I figured that the prop would be the first place to start. It's a Laser II 26 Pitch three blade. I have looked at a few different setups on XB02's and did not notice a laser on any of them. Are these props any good?

I thought it was just my inexperience to get her faster, but i had my buddy drive it and that's all he could get out of it also.

rmills280

what motor you runnin,should be able to get 65 with a 90hp on a xb02

froggy

Weatherguy,

You have a 90MPH boat there, let's figure out what's not right!

1. Is the onset of chine walk shutting you down (it starts around 60 mph if you let it)?

2. Put the Lazer prop on the shelf and find a 26 Pitch trophy (starter prop) or find a 26 or 28 pitch Merc Chopper or a 28 pitch Hoss Triton.

3. Install the new prop and run it and then let us know how it works.

froggy

LAAllison

There's something very wrong here. How many RPM are you turning? A stock 200 w a 26 prop is a 75+ if you only turn the thing 5800. Does the engine feel and run strong on the bottom? Your set back and running even with the pad should be a good starting point. Keep talking, we'll figure it out.

Art

Roll Tide

fishnfireman

Which 200 merc do you have ?

Are you sure of the pad to prop shaft measurment ?

It almost sounds like it could be a case of the prop being too deep and the hull cutting to much water to get any speed..

Does it start to chine walk ? as froggy asked.
Did who ever had the boat before you...run the boat as it is setup right now ? did they tell you what speeds the boat would do ?