most popular prop for XB21s

xb03fs

His recommendation plates for efficiency keep the boats in the upper 80s which is where he prefers his boats to be ran I think. I think it has to be hard to get
In trouble at 90 below since you have time to recover when they dip right

Last edited:

catfish123

Do not fool yourself or talk yourself into the belief that you cannot get into trouble below 90 or that you will always be able to recover from it at those speeds. There are some really experienced drivers in here who can attest to that.

GotMyAlly

Yep. And there's a lot of stern lift built into the hull. Great for carrying a load, too much for Beth end numbers with a light load. That would need to be addressed with big HP.

xb03fs

Yes hence why I had the flare trimmed off. It now gives the same dip warning my 2003 did. Also stopped the rear end from sliding the turns, locked in feeling feels even safer than my bravo now

I trim till it dips and loses a little mph just about any time the wind and water conditions allow. But I can only run low 80s. Never spun one out knock on wood...I have found keeping the pedal to the floor and only bumping the trim down makes for much less of an event. Dumping the trottle like Neal did makes for a much more wild ride. Normally bumping the trim down at least at the speeds I do allows the prop to catch and pick the nose back up

Last edited:

Allyfishing

I'm more interested in fishing than i am in breaking 90, believe it or not. Since I got this boat I have gotten bit by the serious fishing bug again. it has been many years since I took fishing this seriously. that's all I seem to be thinking about lately. I really do like cruising around 80 though with very little effort. Run it on up to 85 or so is a hoot!!

catfish123

That's funny Craig, because, I too have a renewed interest in fishing. The few times I had my new Alumacraft boat out here on the lake about 2 miles from my house, I REALLY ENJOYED IT. I can't wait for spring to get here.

xb03fs

What is this fishing? What if you have more skis in the boat that fishing poles. I do know 5 skis fit under the front deck and if you remove the rod tubes one will fit in the side compartment...

I bought a 22p bravo to see how many skier I can pull up next summer

TB21

I'm more interested in fishing than i am in breaking 90, believe it or not. Since I got this boat I have gotten bit by the serious fishing bug again. it has been many years since I took fishing this seriously. that's all I seem to be thinking about lately. I really do like cruising around 80 though with very little effort. Run it on up to 85 or so is a hoot!!
Yep!!!!!!!