most popular prop for XB21s

robert

What is the most popular prop in terms of drivability, slippage, durability. My favorite is a lightening ET.

xb03fs

My favorite is a Hydromotive xOB with trimmed flair and further tweaked to bite harder out of the hole and in the mid

RedAllison

Day in day out, most versatile (with regards to conditions, load, ease of driving etc...) the XOB Hmotive is STILL the "Gold standard"!

Yo that gives me an idea, Todd can you anodize a gold XOB? Would look GREAT on my 21! :big grin :at the bar

TB21

I'm a rookie in the 21' boat but my favorite has been the 30 Bravo that Robbie Patterson tuned for my boat. My best top speed "95.6" in summer heat was with a XOB but I still like the 30 Bravo better , it handles better and way better holeshot and midrange then the XOB for me.

TBuck2003

Day in day out, most versatile (with regards to conditions, load, ease of driving etc...) the XOB Hmotive is STILL the "Gold standard"!

Yo that gives me an idea, Todd can you anodize a gold XOB? Would look GREAT on my 21! :big grin :at the bar
Let me see what Grady and Fred Sanford have laying around in the "Yard" Lol

xb03fs

I'm a rookie in the 21' boat but my favorite has been the 30 Bravo that Robbie Patterson tuned for my boat. My best top speed "95.6" in summer heat was with a XOB but I still like the 30 Bravo better , it handles better and way better holeshot and midrange then the XOB for me.
Try taking a little of the flare off. Todd took a quarter off but I cant help but wonder what if an 1/8 would have been sufficient. Without the flare it turns and handles like my xb03 did.....It required tightening not to slip out of the hole after the flair was trimmed, back to running all 8 PVS holes open after the last rework.

Handling is back to WOT turns

TB21

Try taking a little of the flare off. Todd took a quarter off but I cant help but wonder what if an 1/8 would have been sufficient. Without the flare it turns and handles like my xb03 did.....It required tightening not to slip out of the hole after the flair was trimmed, back to running all 8 PVS holes open after the last rework.

Handling is back to WOT turns
I'd try that but I sold my XOB. I'm probably going to buy another.

TBuck2003

I'd try that but I sold my XOB. I'm probably going to buy another.
TB21 if you do get another let me know so we can dial it in perfect for your set up. That thing should be dynamite on your rig. I will do whatever it takes to make sure !!!

Allyfishing

TB21 if you do get another let me know so we can dial it in perfect for your set up. That thing should be dynamite on your rig. I will do whatever it takes to make sure !!!
Tim, if Todd does to yours what he did for my 29 XOB (that Johnny Johnson has right now) when I had my 2+2/250XS then I would take him up on that offer!!!! YOu know what my 30 did for you!!

I need more seat time (and less trim) to get more comfortable with my 30 XOB on my Bassport Pro.

SmallJaw

Tim, if Todd does to yours what he did for my 29 XOB (that Johnny Johnson has right now) when I had my 2+2/250XS then I would take him up on that offer!!!! YOu know what my 30 did for you!!

I need more seat time (and less trim) to get more comfortable with my 30 XOB on my Bassport Pro.
I'm gonna slip up on JJ and unscrew that prop if he comes to the FB Rally this year and run it to see how it feels. He says all the time that it's the cat's meow.:laughing

TB21

Just wanna clarify that I was not unhappy with my 28 XOB tho I like the 30 bravo a little better. And I would not hesitate to buy another. I'll be in touch Todd. Yep Craig ran 95.5 I think it was with your 30 XOB.

Allyfishing

Just wanna clarify that I was not unhappy with my 28 XOB tho I like the 30 bravo a little better. And I would not hesitate to buy another. I'll be in touch Todd. Yep Craig ran 95.5 I think it was with your 30 XOB.

Also just to clarify....the above quote was Tim running 95.5 with my 30 XOB on his 2+2!! It sounded like I did it...not so. And ya know, that's 95.5 on a 2+2/250XS combo 2 different boats, two different sets of gears (1.62's and 1.75's) and two different pitch XOB's. Hmmm...wonder what Tim could do with a 31P XOB!!!

Where's Lee???

xb03fs

[/U][/I][/B]

Also just to clarify....the above quote was Tim running 95.5 with my 30 XOB on his 2+2!! It sounded like I did it...not so. And ya know, that's 95.5 on a 2+2/250XS combo 2 different boats, two different sets of gears (1.62's and 1.75's) and two different pitch XOB's. Hmmm...wonder what Tim could do with a 31P XOB!!!

Where's Lee???
Craig do you even have the desire to run past 90? Might was well run a worked 27 and get as much quickness to 89.9 as possible.........:laughing

biller31

Saving my pennies. I've wanted one for a couple years now and never seem to have the reserves in the budget.

GotMyAlly

Ben, the X-OB is an excellent all-around prop. But if you're looking for something to pair with the 'secret project' you've been alluding to, you really ought to consider having Tbuck cut-down one of his offshore props for you. That's what I ran at Clifton and I did like the way it handled on the big end.....lifted the whole boat, ran flat but clean. It was definitely not a fishing prop, but it would mate well with whatever monster motor you're building if you want to try for a big number.

TB21

[/U][/I][/B]Also just to clarify....the above quote was Tim running 95.5 with my 30 XOB on his 2+2!! It sounded like I did it...not so. And ya know, that's 95.5 on a 2+2/250XS combo 2 different boats, two different sets of gears (1.62's and 1.75's) and two different pitch XOB's. Hmmm...wonder what Tim could do with a 31P XOB!!!
Where's Lee???
In cooler weather "it was upper 90's" I might have got a couple more MPH??
But....I've gone as fast I'm going to go in this boat. I really think it's un-safe above 95 in most cases , and someone is going to get hurt! That's JMHO. I don't think this boat was designed to be a upper 90-100mph boat , we should be very happy with a boat that has the fisherman friendliness this boat has and still run upper 80's to low 90's with ease. If I had a desire to try and go faster than 95 I'd have to relocate the engine and re-work the lip . I'm wanting another XB2002 to play with , then I'll go fast....

GotMyAlly

In cooler weather "it was upper 90's" I might have got a couple more MPH??
But....I've gone as fast I'm going to go in this boat. I really think it's un-safe above 95 in most cases , and someone is going to get hurt! That's JMHO. I don't think this boat was designed to be a upper 90-100mph boat , we should be very happy with a boat that has the fisherman friendliness this boat has and still run upper 80's to low 90's with ease. If I had a desire to try and go faster than 95 I'd have to relocate the engine and re-work the lip . I'm wanting another XB2002 to play with , then I'll go fast....
I agree with every bit of that. It's going to take a lot more than just adding HP to make a 21 safely run over a hundred. That's the main reason I went with a 250 instead of a 300 on mine.....I just don't think Darris intended them to run trips.

catfish123

I'm sure Darris didn't intend for most of his boats to be powered the way they are, and to run the high speeds they do. Watching your one video Neal, you were lucky.