Need trailer hub

pickwickangler

I need a trailer hub for my boatmate. Antbody know the part number or dimensions or where to get other than boatmate? I know it's got a big bearing in the back and looks like a 1" in the front. I'm gonna three leg it to the lake. Later

RedAllison

You need a hub or a spindle or both???

I would assume you need a spindle before anything:
http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs/Bearing Lube Axle Maintenance.pdf

Page 4 has part numbers. What year trailer you got? My 99 had a freak size that Boatmate only ran for a year or two that had like a 2.3sumpin inch rear seal vs industry standard 2.5sumpin inch. First time I replaced the seals on that trailer I played hell finding that seal anywhere in stock. Jerry at Boatmate told me that's why they changed too the 2.5 a year or two later.

You can call Boatmate with your trailers VIN and they can hook ya up. Otherwise you'll have to take a dial caliper too your hub and spindle and match it with the descriptions on the above link to find parts in C-town.

Putta jack under the bad axle/hub and raise the trailer off the ground, take one of your transom straps and wrap it around that axle just under the trailer frame, lower it and she'll ride fine. I came home from Pickwick once with a the right front wheel gone. No more than the XB03 weighs it should work ok.

OOPS I forgot your trailer WAS a single axle wasn't it? Don't know for sure then, but she still SHOULD ride ok. If nothing else you might have to yank the wheel off the otherside of the axle and bringer home on one axle.

Good luck bro,
RA

K.Kiser

I need a trailer hub for my boatmate. Antbody know the part number or dimensions or where to get other than boatmate? I know it's got a big bearing in the back and looks like a 1" in the front. I'm gonna three leg it to the lake. Later
I had to replace the hub on My single axle Boatmate last year... I was gonna just replace the bearings and races, but the O.D. on the replacement races were too large by about .020" to fit in the hub, I think the rear replacement race measured 2.360" o.d. and the i.d in the hub was about 2.340" or so which is waaay too much for a proper press fit... The replacement parts were the brand (can't remember the name) that Academy sells, and the manufacturer seems to be pretty large and makes a lot of trailer parts... I had to just go get the whole hub assemby and install it as one...

Last edited:

pickwickangler

I finally got it after three trips to town. I reckon the MADE IN CHINA stamp onda hub pretty much sums it up :cuss:furious. First trip I went and bought bearings and a seal. Got home figured out seal wouldn't work. Went to NAPA and dug through some seals till I found one that would fit. Got home and figured out the race was 20 thou to big. Finally rounded up a complete kit at tractor supply. Part number 545 for those interested. Got it installed and my bearing buddy will not fit it so I was going to use the lil cheapo bearing cover that came with it and I have pretty much beat the chit out of it so I gotta come up with something else inda morning ...... made in china :mad: