new best

jeff tyner

this is a personal best with my pump gas 280 drag electrics. rich at leading edge propellers has been working with me on a new cut. i sent rich a old 30 pitch small ear chopper to cut and experiment with. after cutting it and two re works i think he is on to something. thanks rich. and i think there was more in it. just working my way there one weekend at a time. and this is with a stock SPORTMASTER. but it feels like it is on a rail.jeff.

Attachments

Last edited:
J

John Richied

Very impressive… That’s an ole XR-2002 w/300 Merc drag motor right?

The cut prop looks a lot like a Lightning ET.

Be safe, wear your safety equipment and have a chase boat. :cool

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff tyner

no drag john pump gas 280 with drag electics. my every weekend lake motor. and its a 89 xr2002.

patches

great job jeff. how fast do you plan on running. you passed up fast enough for me about 10-15 mph back there:big grin

jeff tyner

great job jeff. how fast do you plan on running. you passed up fast enough for me about 10-15 mph back there:big grin
erik my wife ask me the same thing.im trying to sneek my drag on there when shes not looking:LMAO:

suicidealli

i have ran rich's smaller cut props.. the carry big numbers, for there size. hard to get them to pull big rpm's.. they have a lot of bite. he is a good prop guy. good numbers too..

roy

RedAllison

this is a personal best with my pump gas 280 drag electrics. rich at leading edge propellers has been working with me on a new cut. i sent rich a old 30 pitch small ear chopper to cut...and this is with a stock SPORTMASTER...
:shock: :cuss

DAMMIT BOY, you gotter smokin fo sho!!! :cool

Who sezya gotta have trainin wheels to go 120+

:at the bar
RA

jeff tyner

went out over the weekend and got a little more.but then found a crack in the leading edge of the prop. that was the end of testing for that day.i was really starting to like that prop.8750 1.87 30 pitch 8 percent slip was 122.2

Attachments

patches

Alright Jeff. You definitely have a bigger set than I do. Is this still with the 280. Congrats on the new number.