Oil?

Mick

Anyone know if there's anyone who carrys pennzoil full synthetic around watts bar when I'm
Down for the rally?? I also have a gallon and a half of klotz if anyone is interested. I'll bring it to the rally.

Allyfishing

I would highly recommend merc premium plus at 40:1 ratio. Post this question on the 2.5 liter forum on BBC

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just get some good old merc/premium plus. I've heard tell not to run synthetic in a steel bore motor. I've always run the premium plus and never had an issue. Mix 40-50:1 depending how hard you plan on turning it.

Mick

I was told by a few pennzoil semi synthetic for break in, full synthetic after that.. @ 40:1 just trying to locate some on my journey. Semi synthetic is all
Over for 20$ a gallon. Haven't located any full. But was told to strictly run pennzoil.

Mick

Thanks for the input boys. Just going by what the builder recommends. I have a gallon of quicksilver semi as well if anyone wants it.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most say standard dino oil for break in then swich over to the semi synthetic. Pennzoil is an intresting topic, many swear by it and then I've met some builders who hate it, soooo...

Mick

Most say standard dino oil for break in then swich over to the semi synthetic. Pennzoil is an intresting topic, many swear by it and then I've met some builders who hate it, soooo...
Yep ditto, double check with Roy. Let me tell ya I've been studying the panda out of oil after this expensive debacle I'm in. Most swear by pennzoil, some swear by others like you said.. For me I'm
Gonna run what the builder recommends.. There's so many options, but I've read a lot of good things on pennzoil.. What r u running silverbullet?

Mick

He's it does!! I never noticed my oil injectors motors burmimg so much oil.. If memory serves on my
200 I pretty sure a gallon to a gallon and a half would last all season.

gmorgan

I've run Alisyn oil for years, turned a steel sleeve motor 10,800 rpms with no problems. I now run it in a Pro Max with excellent results. He gives free shipping to S& F members. Buy the five gallon bucket and it works out to about 35 dollars per gallon. I don't know of anyone who doesn't like Alisyn oil.

Allyfishing

good point Mick, do what your engine builder recommends. And yes, you will see more oil usage premixing on a 225 Promax motor. My 3 liter sips oil and til I got used to that I would check it every trip out and the oil level would never move!!

suicidealli

I put some hours on my customers motor before they get them. I have a stand to run just the powerhead.
Always break them in the first few hours on Dino oil. Switch to a blend, then full synthetic. I just told Mick it isn't
Easy to find full synthetic pennzoil, so start doing research.

Last edited:

xb03fs

True story ally fishing. Amazing how much less oil is burned. gas is noticably less may 1/4 less, but oil is half or more less it seems especially if your not making wot passes

Allyfishing

I was told the calibration of oil is determined by the RPM's at the present time. Idling around the ratio is much greater than running higher RPM's which equates to a lot less oil than just pouring in a 40:1 mixture in the fuel tank.

Hey, where's the SVS on that motor?? Now that would be the signature touch on a 225 ProMax!!!! Talk about badd ass!!!

Nice work Roy!!!!!

suicidealli

The pic is a pro stock motor. I don't care for a svs on an ally. The doors open and close very quick. Around the boat
Dock can be touchy. Also if your running top end and let off the hot foot a little they close quick and can cause a bat turn.
They are proven to be a touch quicker, but just a tad. Top end hasn't proved to be better.