Old School

TBuck2003

My First Race ever in competition in my 14R I believe 1986 vintage. Bottom was done, as well as boat rigging but no paint or numbers yet. Guy that was announcing race was having a field day with Giddy Up N Go 409... Numbers were duct taped on to race. Was scared shitless when my Dad says you are racing at nationals. Popped a good start and was so scared I finished second because I did not want to hurt anybody by running them over since I couldn't balance it that well !!!! Oh the memories. Matt is interested in all this stuff so we were going through old pics...

TBuck

RedAllison

Bet you had the same grin then that you did when you was runnin Jons 16 witda 2.4 175 on it at Cherokee a few years ago! :big grin

:beer:
RA

ps
We need to take my deckboat, a camera and near sunset one afternoon at Clifton we'll recreate that pic!!!

john4utvols

Damn Italian Stallion..........Looking good.......Look at the crowd in the back ground, Hell that alone would scare you shitless...

HO

Bet you had the same grin then that you did when you was runnin Jons 16 witda 2.4 175 on it at Cherokee a few years ago! :big grin!
RA,
That was no 175 grin...lol. That was the HO2FO grin!!! That motor was closer to 245 but had a coil that was acting up when the motor warmed up. The F1 2.0L that I bought for it was even stronger but I sold the boat before I could get it tuned. TREX now runs that motor to over 11,000rpms and has been for years. You know it is strong if that old turd can't break it...

Nice pic Todd. I love those old school rides...

John

Last edited:

Bob Ant

Great picture and nice memories. No wonder you know so much about props and go-fast stuff. Thanks for sharing that. WHile you were doing that I was taking accordian lessons and playing polkas in Pa.

Bob A.

RedAllison

DAMMIT BOB where ya been? We missin ya!

GETCHO BUTT 2 Clifton. Just "show up" plenty of empty seats... :beer:
RA

ps
Leave da accordian and polka chit at home tho!!! lmao

jimbob88

I'll take accordions & button boxes over banjos all day, everyday!! You southern boys need some more culture & nothing beats a polkafest!! Some of those old codgers can really move!

BigRedAlli

Cool pic. Todd!!! Post more if ya got'em.

p.s... Todd, be carefull what kinda music you play in the van this year...Got a feeling it could get ugly!!! :shock:

Bob Ant

Yo Big REd,

I showed up at the Watts Bar rally for a day. Didn't see you there. Had plans to go up the next day , but weather looked bad in Chattanooga so we didn't. Hope to see you all at TimBucktwo, out there in mid-Tenn.

Bob A.

TBuck2003

Yo Big REd,

I showed up at the Watts Bar rally for a day. Didn't see you there. Had plans to go up the next day , but weather looked bad in Chattanooga so we didn't. Hope to see you all at TimBucktwo, out there in mid-Tenn.

Bob A.
Hope to see you Bob... It is a LARGE time for sure !!!

TBuck

TBuck2003

After 14R was sold to a guy in Portugal, Spain it was time to move to a 13 Critchfield. Probably my favorite Vee bottom that I raced... Slick boat for a 13 footer.