Omaha, NE Area

99hawk

Is there anyone in the Omaha area that owns an XB-03? If so, I would like to see it and if possible go for a ride. I have been salivating for the last 4 years to be able to get an Allison. I had one bought 4 years ago, but my wife lost her job the day before we were going to go get it. We are now back in the market, and I wanted to make sure this is what I want. Thanks.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I have an xb03 in des Moines, about 2 hours away. I get to Omaha all the time. A couple of buddies have allisons over there. A friend in Bellvue has a gs with 2.5 power. Same hull (more or less) as a 03 but with a different top. There is also a guy I haven't met on the south side (platte?) that has an 03 with 3 litre power. I can track him down.

drags at carter lake this summer, quite a few allisons:ss, xbo3,xbo2,xr01,gs,

suicidealli

take a ride in a xb 2002 to compare... smaller but faster.. if you just go for a ride in a 03 you will love it.... try an 02 then compare.... a 03 will run better than any bass you prolly been in. both are great boats, and they both have there place..JMO
roy

99hawk

Thanks for all the help everyone. msethsmile - I'll PM ya. Thanks again.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I'll be in the big o on tues march 29. I can bring the boat. Perhaps we can coax Aaron out in his ss.

I've owned both the 02 and o3. 02 way faster. 03 better fishing and more room.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I saw here an Allison in ND. There's a drag circuit down here with some Allisons and other rigs. Sites are Jewell, IA (near Des Moines), Lake Hanska (near New Ulm, MN), Fairmont,MN and Omaha. Some may not be too far from you. Pretty much run-what-ya-brung.

zatchmo

I saw here an Allison in ND. There's a drag circuit down here with some Allisons and other rigs. Sites are Jewell, IA (near Des Moines), Lake Hanska (near New Ulm, MN), Fairmont,MN and Omaha. Some may not be too far from you. Pretty much run-what-ya-brung.
Is there a website with some dates and info? I'm no where near competitive, but it would be a blast just to do it and say I've done it. Those MN lakes are probably close enough to make the trek if the dates work.

99hawk

I'll be in the big o on tues march 29. I can bring the boat. Perhaps we can coax Aaron out in his ss.

I've owned both the 02 and o3. 02 way faster. 03 better fishing and more room.
That would be cool. I'm up for that, though I checked the forcast there is a possibilty of rain. :cuss