Pics of different chopper cuts

hullbilly

I think it would be neat to have pics of the different chopper cuts to compare and contrast. You got the allison cut, bullet cut, alabama cut, knob cut, Hoss cut, ect....

Here's an example of the allison cut

Attachments

RedAllison

COOL IDEA hb!!! :beer: Can you put up a side/profile shot of your wheel as well?

If we can get several "cuts" pictured we'll make the post a sticky in the prop section for future reference. :at the bar
RA

patches

here's my 28 cut by hopkins. i don't know what cut this is. if some one can i.d. it for me i'll edit my post to list it. thanks in advance

ally2dextreme

I think it would be neat to have pics of the different chopper cuts to compare and contrast. You got the allison cut, bullet cut, alabama cut, knob cut, Hoss cut, ect....

Here's an example of the allison cut
the allison cut and hoss cut is one in the same by most

xb2003

Hullbilly,
How do you like the Alabama cut? I think I just got one of those in a 28. There are no numbers are on it but it looks real close from what I can tell. Can you post a rear and side pic? Thanks

hullbilly

xb2003,

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the pics I've posted. As we speak, Performance Propeller is putting the allison cut on an A4 for me. When it comes in, I'll posted several different shots.

Billy did have a 28 alabama cut on hand and we talked a little bit about it. He said it should be a good prop for the 2003 but he said it may slip some out of the hole. I don't know the technical reason behind Billy's comment, but I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. For what it's worth, he steered me toward the allison cut and mentioned he preferred the A4 for this cut. He did say the A5 works great with the allison cut as well. He mentioned something about the barrel length difference between the A4 and A5 being the basis for his preferrence.

That pic I posted of an Alabama cut came from Casey G's xb2002. He's got some good pics posted in this thread: http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=5712. You'll see he makes the comment that it seemed to run very well on the 2002. Check it out.

Mark

hack02

I have an Allison Cut 28 from Performance Props. One of my favorites. Billy really knows how to match a prop for an individual boat.

h2oskiier30

Stanton,

Doesn't that prop have a similar stamp to the one Casey has, or am I just imagining it? I felt pretty confident in calling it an Alabama cut. I hope it works out as well for you as that cut has for spanky and Casey...but if it doesn't work for you, you got my number.

If I had known you were putting that et up for sale, I would have run it. Probably a good idea I didn't, though. I might be a little lighter in the back pocket.

Last edited:

xb2003

Hey Paul,
It has either JD or JP stamped but the numbers on the inside are a little different than what Casey's look like. It really looks like Caseys but with a little more blade. Can't wait to run it.
We need to get your mota lowered to get ready for the new toy your getting. Any word on when it will be ready?
If you want to run that et just let me know.lol No need in having a heavy wallet when you own a boat.

h2oskiier30

I'm gonna call Billy on Monday to check on the status of the 260. I'm ready for it now. Might take the boat to work this weekend and swap out mids....probably jackplates while I'm at it, too.

h2oskiier30

Here's a pic that I lifted off of fastbass. It's supposedly called an "R&R" cut chopper. Don't know anything at all about it, but it looks cool.

patches

that does look cool. i'd like to see a side shot of it to see how much rake they left in it. any idea who cuts it

hullbilly

Great examples of the "Alabama Cut" and "ET Cut" from xb2003. Couple of good looking wheels.

What are the main advantages to the Alabama Cut? It appears that the blade surface is reduced, almost like an inline small ear. I'm assuming this makes it easier to spin up?

Attachments