Pimp my ride

MWest77

Don't know how we'll it holds up yet. Will keep ya posted. We'll see how well it looks at Watts Bar next summer!

MWest77

:coolWell, I think I'm pretty much done at this point. The boat looks awesome! Now if we can get a few more days of fishing in before the winter sets in. Then I can get it all dirtied up and start over again, lol!

F2008

We were very lucky here upstate. Some pretty stiff winds but not much rain at all. An up-rooted tree in my neighbors yard that took out his electric service, that was about the extent of it. I feel for those that weren't as lucky though.

Thanks for asking. :beer:

MWest77

Still looking great. Done a lot of fishing lately so I'm gonna have to get it cleaned up again. We're really happy with how it turned out. Plexus plastic cleaner and protectant is some magical stuff.

JOEALLY

So how did you do to the textured areas?
Does plexus make a cleaner and a protectant, or is it all in one product?

MWest77

I took a toothbrush and acetone and scrubbed all the faded rattle can clear coat off. Then wiped it all down with a clean rag, the applied the Plexus. It's an all in one spray can deal but it costs me about $25 a can. A can is good for about 3 or 4 good cleanings on the XTB. The days fishing trip mess just wipes right off with a clean towel and the shine is still there. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd spray that stuff on everything lol.

JOEALLY

I took a toothbrush and acetone and scrubbed all the faded rattle can clear coat off. Then wiped it all down with a clean rag, the applied the Plexus. It's an all in one spray can deal but it costs me about $25 a can. A can is good for about 3 or 4 good cleanings on the XTB. The days fishing trip mess just wipes right off with a clean towel and the shine is still there. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd spray that stuff on everything lol.
Thanks man. Where did you buy the plexus?

motobuffy

Plexus is often used for motorcycle windshields. Denniskirk.com or most any online motorcycle accessory retailer will have it. Local dealers might be more hit or miss.