Power Pole or Talon on XB2003??

ALLISONMAN

i have a talon installed on my 2003. I will try to post pics in a few!! and all i can say is that i love it!!!

wasmeneh

The Talon will be an easier install. You only have to hook up an electrical source, They have brackets that will attach to your jack plate.

I have one on my Saltwater skiff and love it. When I had my Triton 200 XP I had it so I could move them back and fourth. Worked real well but had to lower the Talon (loosen 4 bolts) so I could back her into the garage. Had to keep it up pretty high so it wouldn't drag when running.

Mike

cj707

c'mon bro. take a pic for us. What length bracket did you use? 9"?

thanks

ALLISONMAN

i cant get the dern things to upload!!!!:banghead pm me your phone number and i will send you the pics and see if you can get them to post!!!

IRONBLOCK

You can get quick release brackets for the Talon's so that they can fold forward onto the rear deck when you need to pull the boat into the garage. My buddy has a set on his 'R' boat and he loves them.

Meyers

You can get a quick release for the power poles now that allow them to fold onto the rear deck as well.

The Talons are bigger on top and cause a little more of a wind sock and handling issues when running hard.

ALLISONMAN

I have the folding brackets and have been 95 and some change with my pole up!!!! Lol ben just wished he had a pole!!!

Meyers

I am not saying you cannot run with them...you just notice they are back there when the wind is blowing. It certainly slowed my 2+2 down 3-5 mph with my duals on a windy day.