Power Poles on XB21

TB21

Anyone know of power poles being mounted on the XB21 , ifso what amout of set-back is needed for the mounting brackets?
Thnx,
TB

GotMyAlly

There's a white/black one i saw at Pickwick this weekend with twin powerpoles but I didn't get close enough to see exactly how they were mounted.

TB21

Power pole offers several set-back length brackets , I was just wandering if someone might know what length is required.

wc911

There's a white/black one i saw at Pickwick this weekend with twin powerpoles but I didn't get close enough to see exactly how they were mounted.[/QUO

Probably Bobby Simmons from Lawrenceburg. I think he fished a tourny Sat on Pickwick. He has 2 power poles on a 21 Bass Sport Pro. Neal he has been at Fast Pass. I will see if I can get some pics in the next couple days
and text them to you. If im not wrong he has 2 brackets that mount between the jackplate and the wedges then the motor. Then they bend around the back of the boat. Pics will show...

TB21

The brackets you mention are what I'm referring to. Just not sure what amount of set-back is needed for the XB2+2. I would like to see the pics.
Thnx,
TB

[QUOTE Probably Bobby Simmons from Lawrenceburg. I think he fished a tourny Sat on Pickwick. He has 2 power poles on a 21 Bass Sport Pro. Neal he has been at Fast Pass. I will see if I can get some pics in the next couple days
and text them to you. If im not wrong he has 2 brackets that mount between the jackplate and the wedges then the motor. Then they bend around the back of the boat. Pics will show...[/QUOTE]

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Theres a guy on BBC that has them. Seems like He had to cut and modifiy the mounting brackets.

Copied from the other board.

"I have 2 power pole blades on my bassport pro. The problem I ran into with the stock power pole brackets is that they angle back toward the sponsons and nearly come into contact with the rub rail. So I've had to refief cut the brackets at this bend, get the angle parallel with the transom and reweld them so they won't hit the boat. Then go through the trouble of having them sandblasted and powdercated again. Still this route is probably easier than trying to build from scratch. "

GotMyAlly

There's a white/black one i saw at Pickwick this weekend with twin powerpoles but I didn't get close enough to see exactly how they were mounted.[/QUO

Probably Bobby Simmons from Lawrenceburg. I think he fished a tourny Sat on Pickwick. He has 2 power poles on a 21 Bass Sport Pro. Neal he has been at Fast Pass. I will see if I can get some pics in the next couple days
and text them to you. If im not wrong he has 2 brackets that mount between the jackplate and the wedges then the motor. Then they bend around the back of the boat. Pics will show...
That's who it was. I've seen the boat at FastPass before.

wc911

TB21 ---- I did talk to Bobby Simmons and he said that when he orderd his power poles they didnt fit because the brackets was to short. If I understand him , Lawrenceburg Marine called them and said they were to short and had a set of custom brackets made for the 21. Now in saying that, he said that they need to be a inch or 2 higher on the bend on the bracket. He said that it catches to much water when taking off so he put a piece of aluminum bent at 90 degrees under the power poles where they mount to the bracket. This helps with take off. I have pics to show everone if someone knows how to load them to the A board by I -phone. ( COMPUTER ILLERATE):beer: Too Many BEERS!!!!!! MY cell Is 931-629-3707

Alli-drenaline Rush

Anyone know of power poles being mounted on the XB21 , ifso what amout of set-back is needed for the mounting brackets?
Thnx,
TB
TB - thought about a Minn Kota Terrova? It has an anchor function that uses GPS to keep the troller within a 5 ft radius, prolly lighter, cheaper and better looking than two power poles sticking out of the rear of the boat..... IMO....

TB21

Text pics to 740-701-7721 if ya can wc911.
Thnx,
TB

TB21 ---- I did talk to Bobby Simmons and he said that when he orderd his power poles they didnt fit because the brackets was to short. If I understand him , Lawrenceburg Marine called them and said they were to short and had a set of custom brackets made for the 21. Now in saying that, he said that they need to be a inch or 2 higher on the bend on the bracket. He said that it catches to much water when taking off so he put a piece of aluminum bent at 90 degrees under the power poles where they mount to the bracket. This helps with take off. I have pics to show everone if someone knows how to load them to the A board by I -phone. ( COMPUTER ILLERATE):beer: Too Many BEERS!!!!!! MY cell Is 931-629-3707

TB21

Not really.....Havent heard good things about the Terrova.
Do you have one?

Thnx,
TB

TB - thought about a Minn Kota Terrova? It has an anchor function that uses GPS to keep the troller within a 5 ft radius, prolly lighter, cheaper and better looking than two power poles sticking out of the rear of the boat..... IMO....