Prettyin' up the XTB

Ocktane

Hey everyone! So I'm trying to give the XTB a facelift by replacing the old switchboards and plastic backing to the gauges and such. Any ideas of a good material to use and where I might purchase such a material? I'll take some pictures and post em but I'm tryin to get ideas right now. Thanks!

F2008

Nick, I remember a while back Nathan (xb03fs) posted a site that had some trick stuff you could use for that. I can't find it, I sent him a msg.

Ocktane

Anyone know of anywhere that makes replacements for those bilge vents in the back center of the boat? Preferably in a stainless steel or shiny metal!?

F2008

Allyfishing

I've seen pics of those "vents" you are referring to in the past on the board here and if I remember correctly it is where the short pedestals are stored for the front and rear deck for sit down fishing. Maybe I'm wrong though?

Here is another website that has some pretty neat stuff for blinging out your ride.

http://www.danamarineproducts.com/

they have all kind of neat bezels and cleats and vents in different colors. I bought my gauge bezels and cup holders and rigging tube bezels from there to match my boat.

F2008

Ooooohhhhh, now I see what you're talking about. Cool idea, looks like what Craig said. Good luck finding those aftermarket.

Bobalouie

For something like that, I think I would take one out and take it to a machine shop and have it machined out of stainless and then polished if you are wanting the shiney look, or powdercoated to your color of choice. Powdercoated red would match the piping on the carpet and look pretty good.

HO

Those are holders for the front and rear deck seat pedestals. To find exact shiny replacements would be a custom job for sure but I think you can come close with some available items.

An alternative is to measure the angle (30 or 15) and use one of these:

http://www.leetackle.com/flushmount.html

You can also find them with covers. I wonder if the added weight would cause cracks in the fiberglass over time (use backer plate). Also, if you are still using them for pedestal storage then the ends would have to be modified to accept the pedestal and the correct inside diameter (approx 1.5") and length (approx 9.0") would have to be used.

Good luck.
John

Attachments

Last edited:

Ocktane

Holy crap I never knew that's what those were for! I love doing work on my boat, I always find out new things! Thanks for the site Allyfishing, I like their stuff! I didn't consider the weight issue for those pedestal holders, may reconsider, maybe just paint the old ones... we shall see.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty slick. I never had any idea what those holes were for either. Never really looked that close, always assumed they were vents.

Ocktane

Anyone ever put a recessed trolling pedal tray on an XTB? There isn't much room for one I know but curious if anyone has. If so, where could I find one at a reasonable price?

woodsman

yeah i have a 90' xtb that i would love to install a recessed pedal on..if you figure that out please remeber to let me know if you dont mind. i have thought and thought and cant figure out how to fit it in there.

Ocktane

Yeah I just don't know if it would fit... sure would be nice though, mannin that pedal all day (especially in the wind) takes quite a toll on the back!