Prettyin' up the XTB

Allyfishing

I've never had a boat with a recessed TM foot control til my present boat. I thought about putting one in my last boat but never did. Now that I have one I can honestly say I don't like it much. It restricts how I stand for fishing in different positions.

I wish that Allison would have provided two pedestal holes for the front deck to give the option of being a bit further back.

Ocktane

Thought I should start posting some pics of what I'm doin with the XTB. Pulled all the old gage panels off and an old uphostered piece under the GPS. Gonna replace with carbon fiber lookin panels from polyfab plastics.

Last edited:

Ocktane

. Got the material from Polyfab plastics and cut pieces to fit. I think it turned out pretty well!

woodsman

hey oktane, i have a 90' xtb and the floor doors hinge is not in the greatest shape. i noticed in those pics your looks pretty good. just wondering did you buy it or is that the original?

Ocktane

I have never replaced it, and I don't think the previous owner did... Brian, you wanna chime in here, haha! I'm guessin' its the original.

Ocktane

So I'd really like to line the fiberglass around each hatch with some kind of thin rubber or foam to dampen the sound when the hatches shut. It would also dampen the creaking noises when weight is shifting about on the hatches. Anyone have any suggestions on material options and where I may look to purchase them?

Ocktane

Just got my new bucket seats from the factory! They look awesome. I'm trying to put the mounts on the bottoms of the two seats and I'm curious about something. Do the factory shells have a metal plate on the bottom? My concern is really with the driver's seat and mounting the sliding bracket. Should i bolt it on or screw into the fiberglass? If it does have a metal plate should I tap holes or still just use a bolt and nut?

Ocktane

popped the cover off and I'm pretty certain there's a metal plate in there, Think I'm going with the nut and bolt idea.

MGEOD

How long is the pedestal for the front passenger seat on your boat Ocktane? My new boat seems way long . I was thinking about cutting it off.

Ocktane

Heres a pic of my newest toy too:

Oh yeah, and the switch panel. Spiced it up with some cheap walmart bling! She's a Limited Edition in my eyes!!

Last edited:

RedAllison

The ol XTB was so far ahead of it's time it's just now being properly adorned with accessories and attachments befitting the ol masterpiece!

Gotta be fun bustin cookiecutter azzes on the lake with an ol classic, :beer:
RA