Promax injector removal

Honda92

Any tips or things I need to look out for when removing/installing the injectors on my 225 Promax? I have never removed injectors on one of these motors and I want to send them out to get cleaned and checked out once. It's a 95 and I doubt it has ever been done, it is probably time

Jr in Jax

When I tried to slide the fuel rail nipples out of their O rings, the O rings were glued tightly to the nipples and had to be pried apart [I ruined the nipples]. I use almost all non-ethanol fuel. I would also suggest using a small screw to remove the screens if you have a good double filter system. I have had two #6 piston failures 7 years apart due to the screens stopping up with flakes from inside the VST hose going to the fuel rail. The flakes would have passed through the injector.

Luketrician

are the 225s have the same injectors/design as 260s...I just had my injectors sent off and now re-installed on my 260

XXXR2001

Some tips:
* Scribe the cylinder # on each injector as you take them out. Depending on how they flow after being cleaned you may or may not want to install them back in the same hole but you'll know what you've got. (Usually you'll want the 2 highest flowing injectors on #'s 5 & 6, the 2 lowest flowing on #'s 1 & 2, and the others on 3 & 4)

* Order a new intake gasket

* Take pics as you disassemble it just in case you forget how it goes back together.

* Someone mentioned the screens but I think they remove them anyway when you send them off to be cleaned. New screens & o-rings should be part of the deal and you can just have them not put them in if thats what you want to do. Personally, I've never had an issue with them.

Honda92

I was going to send them to Brucato. Is that what you guys recommend? Will they have the new screens and o-rings or do I need to get those somewhere else?

Luketrician

I had Brucato clean and flow mine...and glad I did that. They had to take them apart and re-work them to get the injectors to calibrate. After talking with them over the phone, I could tell they know way more about injectors than I thought there is to know. It was expensive though, but worth it IMO.