Removing Powerhead on 280

Westy

I'm getting ready to pull the powerhead. I've removed all the fuel, electrial lines, cables and the lower cowling skirt. I only see six bolts that look like they hold the powerhead to the mid. Three on each side and two in the front. Is that all that needs to come off or am I missing some?

Thanks,

Westy

22R

If it is like my 2.5 Litre XR6 block there is 10 nuts total. Very front is one on each side, three along each side and one for each side in the very rear. I believe the mounting would be the same as mine but double check.

Best of luck

22R

K.Kiser

There are six bolts, four along the back and two difficult ones in the front above the tiller arm... 22R, you may be thinking about the exhaust adapter/ midsection mating surface... For the record I could be wrong too, I haven't met my "maximum dip$h!+" quota for the month...

Westy

There are six bolts, four along the back and two difficult ones in the front above the tiller arm... 22R, you may be thinking about the exhaust adapter/ midsection mating surface... For the record I could be wrong too, I haven't met my "maximum dip$h!+" quota for the month...
I miss counted before. I came up with a total of six as well. From what I can see the exhaust adapter bolts do not get removed.

Thanks,

Westy

h2oskiier30

Patches is correct...there are 10 total. Two half nuts in the very front by the pivot, two on each side in the middle, and four across the back.

Westy

Thanks everyone. I think I figured it out. Now I just need to make up my mind on where it's going to be rebuilt at.

Westy

K.Kiser

Son of a Da~~~it, I always forget those pesky long ones... Wesky, if you picked your trailer tires off the ground trying to remove the powerhead, it is my fault...

Westy

Son of a Da~~~it, I always forget those pesky long ones... Wesky, if you picked your trailer tires off the ground trying to remove the powerhead, it is my fault...
LOL, After I took the four sides bolts off the powerhead popped loose with no problem. Bad news is that my wife just found out she has to have surgury on her bladder and will be out on medical leave for 6-8 weeks. Short term disability only pays 50% of her salary. I'm sure glad I didn't spend the money on the motor. I think she is more disapointed about fixing the motor then I am. I just want her healthy so we can go blasting down the lake together.

Westy

Westy

Well, the wife is all better so the 280 is at JSRE for it's upgrades. The crank checked out good but the nic needs re-done.:very sad

BOAT- Break Out Another Thousand.:smile

Westy