Shook_ BACK HOME

David Shook

I just got back home last night and was too tired to reply. What a shock to come from Crescent City Fla. at 90 degrees to the NC mountains with snow flurries and freezing temps. My congratulations to Jan and Ron Baker for organizing the event, having to deal with adversity to the very end with Coast Guard permits and Manatee watch, and still coming through for us. My utmost respect and appreciation to John Hagen and the entire AMF Offshore team for hosting the event. They gave me a chance to run my fishing boat in an APBA sanctioned race. A nicer family and friends, I haven't met. What a party! Oh! I almost forgot, I did run a boat! I ran ProBass Unlimited in a 2002XB Allison with a stock Mercury drag. I ran a two way kilo average of 116.594, my best run being 118.356 .The best run I made would have been averaged with the 118 run, but was scratched as I hit the lights before the timer was set, so being a bit upset, the rerun was only 114.832. I hit the lights at 114 and exited with my indash Gaffrig GPS reading 122.4 so I felt we could have an 118 to an 120 run without the scratch. Thanks to my mechanic Jeff Calbaugh of Bunch Marine in Tenn. and Glenn Reynolds for calling me about the event, I would have missed it. Sorry to hear about Michael Irvin, best of luck and prayers from my wife Nada and I.
Remember guys, I just happen to be in an Allison,I love boats, Bullets, SeaRays, Rangers, rafts, inner tubes, if it floats they are my family.
Peace Out! Shook

K

Kevin from FL

You did one heck of a job David and made us proud.

Congratulations on your speed record.

J

John Richied

Congratulations on the two way kilo average of 116.594!

How does it feel to own a bassboat world speed record?

Your in dash Gaffrig GPS reading 122.4 … with a stock Merc drag is very impressive.

Not that I am ever gong to be even close to that fast, but if ya don’t mind tellin, what gearcase (mods?) and prop were ya runnin?

Being it’s the Allison’s 50th anniversary makes it just that more special! :mrgreen:

Paul who (j/k)... :wink: Congratulations David!!!

Mike2002

Congrats David!

DAvid,

What a run! It makes all of us Ally owners proud to have such a record now.

Could you tell us about your set-up?

What was the weight of your boat for the record, 1600lbs?

What prop/pitch, set back and engine height?

What gearcase and gears?

Thanks and Congrats again!

mike2002

ALLISONMAN

good job shook!!! jeff is a hellva guy and really knows his stuff!!!!!!!!!!! glad the record come to NC and away from tennessee :lol: :lol:

J

John Richied

The boats come from Tennessee and that’s what counts… The dickheads come from all over the world, even Washington State. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

D

DarthVMAX

That is sooooo cool! Congrats on an incredible achievment! 8)

Yellowallison

Way to go SHoOK! That some awessome runs for sure.. and ya can't go wrong with lil help from Reynolds and Jeff C..

Again --- CONGRADS! !!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yu HOOO --- AMAN and GROUND STICK! utt Umm! Last time I checked .... CRESCENT CITY is IN FLORIDA!!! Unn HUH YEP! :eek:

so in tha KILO RECORD book ......... country Pumkin NC and need a volunteer TENN aint got a daggum thing to do with it .. other than being a good places to pull over on the road side and take a piss on the pretty lil flowers ! :mrgreen:

GET R DUN!

ALLISONMAN

and florida is the place for the not so reformed child molestors!!!!! but the man from nc has the record!!!!!!!! what happened to all those fast bullets anyway other than paul????? still searching

J

John Richied

I’m sure if this is a yearly event, and it sounds like it is there will be plenty of Bullets and other Allison Owners out to break the law, I mean record.

The fact that an Allison bassboat/owner owns the bassboat world speed record IS a family tradition.

I seriously doubt anything else besides an XB-2002 will ever own it but ya never know.

Think about it, Shook’s Merc 300 Drag was stock on an XB-2002 and he locked on 122.4-Mph Gps!

If someone had a built to the hilt 2.5 Merc on an XB-2002 (comp pro) and this Titus modified Sportmaster…. Oh baby!

Oh yeah and a HUGE set would be mandatory…

Mandatory Matallica… cantcha hear those babies cryin. (It’s a song) :wink: