Shook_ BACK HOME

TODD2002

now that was a very bad reply if I have ever read one. The only way to know if something works is to try it. A modified gearcase will get a ally 3 or more mph and help the handling.

thanks Randy for coming to the allison owners site and sharing your knowledge with us.

GPI Racing

Just FYI,

Flat out Ally HAS a modified sportmaster and is one of my customers. He most likely was trying to get a rise out if me. :roll: Cliffy, have you been taking your meds like your supposed to. Call for nurse Clara if your behind. :shock:

All in fun...

Randy

FlatOutAlly

GPI Racing said:
.....Call for nurse Clara if your (a) behind. :shock:
Well, I've been called a BEHIND before, but never quite so eloquently. :p

Oh Todd, the moronic comment was referring to a certain lard mouth at S&F who called us moronic for modifying gearcases, mid-sections, and the like. The real bottom line is I got all this neat sh!t and it sits in the garage while I watch it SNOW on MAY DAY. The ground was white here this morning, too. wtf?

TODD2002

I have a neat ole case I would love to run but with the weight of my xb2002 I have concerns that the case will fly to pieces. I have hit the speed wall for the moment at 105 with the stock sportsmaster. But I modified it last yr but I haven't had the time toi run it with a light load. I have the side steer wide console which is proble slowing me down some along with running a trolling motor at 105 isn't to bad. But we always want more.

RedAllison

WAY TO GO SHOOK! You done us pround man. EXCELLENT 411 there Randy, thanks alot!

Ditto on the modded cases. Even with bent cables and a RE3 I could tell a difference between my stock sporty vs what it felt like after JC/Tooter got ahold of it a year later.

Darris was telling us lastyear about how much Merc had really changed "his case" that was to become the Sportmaster. I think basically the mods that he has done on his demos are essentially what he sent to Merc for prototypes in the mid 90s. That HUGE skeg on a stock sporty sures looks like it would cause problems just sittin on the trailer!

Thanks again Randy and lookin forward too seein you at the rally,
RA