Silver Glen Springs FL vid!

Darth VMAX

Wow, that water is unbelievable! We have NOTHING even remotely as cool as that around here...

Jr in Jax

We were there last weekend and also went to Salt Springs too about 10 miles North of there. It is a shame ya'll did not stay on the North End of Lake George/St Johns since there are no no-wake zones and no speed limits.
I threw a blade off of my favorite chopper II last Saturday, but it was still a good day.
We go to Silver Glenn several times a Summer but the Suwanee is far more fun than the Glenn even. The Suwanee has a spring like that every 4-5 miles, no speed limits and 90+ miles of navigable river.
Let me know the next time ya'll come back to NE Florida.

Darth VMAX

I have see the Swannee on TV. It does look just as fabulous...

I envy you Floridians sometimes.

Allyfishing

Great vid Drew! And it looks like Shawn has his Ally riding perfectly. Did you guys do any more on setup?
Craig :big grin

max200

Yeah JR! I would like to explore some more areas of the saint johns and definately the suwanee here soon. Craig! we played with shannons setup a little but he needs a lot more setback. He bought a paralift jackplate we just have to mount it up! how was the keys trip? Drew!

Allyfishing

I don't know why I can't get his name straight...Shannon not Shawn! :banghead

It appears he has been practicing and it shows. Running real nice. It is sometime tuff to find the time to tinker and make major adjustments to the boat when its more fun to just be out in it. The paralift, once installed, should really help him, that's great.

We leave for the Keys the week after next. Should be fun. We lined up our usual guide for a back country fishing trip. I hope the Reds and Snook are active. And of course a sea trout or two for dinner. Yummmmm!!

Craig :beer:

harrells

Great vid. Drew. We were there a couple years ago on a houseboat vacation. Rented the houseboat at Holly Bluff Marina and cruised about 5 hours or so to get to the spring, once there we stayed the entire week right at the spring. Great vacation, would love to do it again someday.

harrells

Craig, yes i am. Hope to see you there as well. Good luck on your trip to the keys, my son and i did a back country fishing trip last year. We left out of Island Marada headed to 10,000 islands/Flamingo park. Guides name was Troy Mell of Reel Mellow Charters who actually invented the Houdini Crab by Yum baits. Best fishing trip ever, My son and i caught snook, jack,sea trout and even hooked a 4 ft. bull shark.

max200

Whats up Scott! we do this run twice a year. we rented a house on the river in Astor for three days and it's about a 12 miles to the spring from there. and thanks again for the ride in the GS I really enjoyed that! look forward to seeing you and craig at the next rally. Drew!

Allyfishing

Yup, we'll be there!!

Islamarada to Flamingo Point with the guide Vinne Biondoletti out of Bud N' Mary's!! Done that several times with great success. I talked to him a few days ago and the fishing has been tuff with all the wind and storms so I am hoping conditions improve.

Jr in Jax

Susan and I are headed back to Silver Glenn this Saturday. It is supposed to be bright/sunny and 85* with 0% chance of rain. It will be tough but someone has to go......