SOLD Allison XTB-21 For Sale SOLD

chester8420

Yeah, the motor is tired. A friend of mine has some spare 2.4 parts, and I've bought some parts from members here to keep it going. Parts are plentiful and cheap for the 2.4 but fuel injection is the way to go. I wanted all along to put a fuel injected 2.5 on it, but the kids are too young and family stuff comes first. I'll probably be looking for one again in a few years when the kids get older. I might buy this one back. Haha

ally2dextreme

As I suspected the motors down,thanks for the effort.I would make sure to let everyone know the skeg has been welded on,a big no no IMO and very dangerous.

chester8420

I have been told the transom is wood, but I have no idea about the stringers. Might call the Allison factory with the hull ID and ask them.

chester8420

ALT21A38K586 If you call Allison and ask for info on my hull, please post it here. I have had several people ask me for the HIN and I bet Allison's phones are getting blown up with lookup requests! Thanks!!

chester8420

Is that really a problem? Lots of people have been asking... It seems to be solid. It has lasted 30 years and it's still holding!

Freebird

Thanks Toby , I was thinking seriously about buying it til you posted wood . I thought they quit making wood transoms in 1988 ?
His is a '86.

Come on, guys, are you going to claim that an Allison with a wood transom isn't worth consideration? It's all in how the boat has been cared for and whether or not the fiberglass covering the transom has been compromised. There are TONS of older Allison's running around with wood transoms... some original, some not. I had the very first XTB21 built, and as far as I know, it's still out there running up and down the river... wooden transom and all. The transom in my '79 SS is rock solid and totally original.

1badss

Banned
His is a '86.

Come on, guys, are you going to claim that an Allison with a wood transom isn't worth consideration? It's all in how the boat has been cared for and whether or not the fiberglass covering the transom has been compromised. There are TONS of older Allison's running around with wood transoms... some original, some not. I had the very first XTB21 built, and as far as I know, it's still out there running up and down the river... wooden transom and all. The transom in my '79 SS is rock solid and totally original.
To me yes , especially with an iffy motor . This isn't an xb2002 or an xr02 which are highly desirable older hulls . I may give 4 K for it but that's about it .

Freebird

To me yes , especially with an iffy motor . This isn't an xb2002 or an xr02 which are highly desirable older hulls . I may give 4 K for it but that's about it .
What does the motor have to do with it having a wood transom? The XTB21 is a whole different animal than a XB2002, and the XR2002 is a whole different species, so why compare them? Offer the man $4K and see what happens. I don't have a horse in this race, and my only point was about the wood transom not being a reason to totally discount this boat.

1badss

Banned
Because to me, again , if it had a good strong motor on it I would be more apt to take a 6K chance on a wooden transom boat . At least if the transom went to panda on me which I would have a decent motor . That makes total sense to me but maybe not to you . If you're so pro wooden transom you buy it . To me it's at most a 4K gamble .
If the guy that's posting this sees it and wants to take 4K for it pm me .

Freebird

Not even going to try to argue with that logic, and I'm not in the market for another XTB21, but I hope it works out for both of you.

chester8420

I didn't know that the older wood Allison boats were so prone to transom problems. It is what it is.... Live and learn I guess. At least mine is still holding. I may end up having to take 4k for the boat. I won't say I won't. The ad does say "make an offer".

1badss

Banned
It's not just allisons it's all older boats that can and most do have problems with wooden transoms . Hydrostreams are really bad about it .