Special request - video cameras at the rally for a virtual ride-along

GotMyAlly

Eric (EP72) brought it to my attention that we have a board member FASSBASS AKA Ron Miller who is bed ridden from ALS and has not been behind the wheel of an Allison in quite some time. Anybody got a GoPro camera or similar that can video the river run and maybe a few passes by the beach? It would be great if we could get him a virtual-ride along in a couple different boats. And if somebody has the video editing software to compile a few clips for him, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alli-drenaline Rush

I have the video editing software, if someone can send me a disc with the video and pictures. Also let me know what is FASBASS' favorite music (both genre and specific songs / compositions).

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Ron, and we'll put something together that we hope you'll like......

EP72

Thanks to anyone that can help make this happen, it would mean a lot to Ron.Hes told me its been 10 yrs since hes been on the water due to the ALS thats gotten him to where hes unable to be on the water anymore doing the things we all get to enjoy in our fast boats. Weather its fishin or runnin up and down the river.

GotMyAlly

LOL, after I started looking at the GoPro cameras, I had to have one. Mine should be here by rally time too.

Darth VMAX

I prefer "American Light" for my cheapo beer. "Unofficially the Official Beer of the USA" LOL

$12.95 a case!

Seriously, what y'all are doing for one of the Family is awesome!

EP72

Thanks again guys I know Ron is gonna love this!! Neal, since you bought a camera, ill buy ya some Blue Moon or what ever that stuff we bought is so you dont have to resort to cheap beers. LOL.

GotMyAlly

Neal, since you bought a camera, ill buy ya some Blue Moon or what ever that stuff we bought is so you dont have to resort to cheap beers. LOL.
You aint gotta do that.

I bought a roll cage mount for the camera too. Gonna get more use out of it next time I go to the offroad park.

I think the roll cage mount will clamp on to a seat pedestal. Might have to try to get some good footage of catching a couple them big stripers too. Would be fun to video the fight with a 10 or 12 lber.

EP72

Or video us chunkin lead at them bastards that come up there in front of us and messed everything up.LOL.

GotMyAlly

Or video us chunkin lead at them bastards that come up there in front of us and messed everything up.LOL.
Heck no. That'd be evidence that could be used against me when I knock one of 'em outta cold with a 1 1/2 oz lead slab.

EP72

haha those 2 would make a dim light bulb look brite, no worries with evidence there. LOL.

suicidealli

we can all take some nice video for a family member!!!!!!! i need some good video of some top end runs. nothing better than seeing that tach up there in the rpm's with a big prop, balancing her on the lip!

roy