Spring??

XSive

Here are some pics I took today when I went out to the lake cuase I gots a bad case of cabin fever. WWWAAAAAA!!! Looks like boating is still a ways off for me. Drilled a hole in the ice about 100ft offshore and it is only 4ft thick still.....:gasp

The question I'm sure all of you have is...."And you live there because???"

I ask myself the same thing.

Last edited:

suicidealli

it is beatiful in the summer though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just not great for a boat lover... i would have one he!! of a snow mobil though, if i lived there..........

J

John Richied

What the heck did you use to drill a hole through ice that was four feet thick? :gasp Or do I wanna know

Scott Gilmore

Looks like boating is still a ways off for me. Drilled a hole in the ice about 100ft offshore and it is only 4ft thick still.....

4 feet thick ?? I think you've been drinking too much kool aid !!! :LMAO:

XSive

your right. i look at these pics and wonder why the hell anybody lives up there. :very happy
Ya, and when the snow is gone we have mosquitos....Lot's of mosquitos.

But the water is so clean we actually drink the lake water with no treatment.

whipper

Power Ager with extension.:banghead Same hear 4ft+ on wed!! At least it looks like the snows melting in Winnipeg we still have 4ft in the front yard and the banks in the driveway are 10ft high still! Two years ago April 19th ice off. Last year may 1st ice off. This year May15th ice off at this rate! Seems like global cooling is starting with vengeance! This cooling is all over the globe. Scientist are very concerned.:gasp I want to move to Sweet Alabama!

K.Kiser

I can't really wrap My mind around that... We haven't had 4' of ice in about in about uhmmmm uhmmmm, ever..? XSIVE get Your azz down here now, We have plenty of sunburns to pass around and Our ample supply of heat strokes is in route...

XSive

I can't really wrap My mind around that... We haven't had 4' of ice in about in about uhmmmm uhmmmm, ever..? XSIVE get Your azz down here now, We have plenty of sunburns to pass around and Our ample supply of heat strokes is in route...
I tried to in the early 90's...wouldn't give me a green card. Now, I can't cause the wife wouldn't leave. Plus in all honesty, I'll wait in the cold and see what your new government does to your country.

Canada may end up looking like the facist right compared to what you've got.LOL. (Okay its not funny)

whipper

Its another reason we have the most beautiful girls in the world like Sweden. Its so cold out all winter they just work out at the gym for 8 months straight so they can strut there stuff all summer for us.:big grin

K.Kiser

I tried to in the early 90's...wouldn't give me a green card. Now, I can't cause the wife wouldn't leave. Plus in all honesty, I'll wait in the cold and see what your new government does to your country.

Canada may end up looking like the facist right compared to what you've got.LOL. (Okay its not funny)
Your right, I'm very concerned... I may have to dig My gloves out that I needed and bought a few years back and head north... I've watched many fishing shows about the gazillion Canadian lakes, and the summertime fishing looks better than 95% of My dreams..

XSive

Ya James,

I've fished it a few times over the years with friends. I'm kind of a novice fisherman. I dabble, but Al Linder I'm not.

Friend of mine pulled a 40" Northern Pike through the ice a couple of years ago.

The "lake" is actually part of a river there is some good fishing. Walleye, Northern, Smallmouth, Perch, Goldeye, Mooneye, and Lake Sturgeon.

The Sturgeon are cool. The biggest pulled out of the area in recent years I think is about 120lbs, nothing like the west coast ones. But occasionally they jump, more like shoot out of the water and kinda roll. Had one do that to me about 40ft off the side of the boat in the early morning while I was running about 75.

I would love to get one of those sonar thingy's like Red has (997?) supposedly there are a few York boats from the fur trade days on the bottom of a set of falls, which are more like a fast water zone now with the Dam there, and someone recovered a canon and some other stuff. But it's kind of dangerous and a couple of divers drowned in the 80's I think looking for treasure.

XSive

THATs prolly why you think it's ok to put up with that crap each year and live up there!!! :big grin
RA
Plus, we don't have venomous snakes either. I think I would have a stroke if I had to worry about those critters when I was in the woods or getting fire wood. Sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.

And where else do you get wildlife in your yard. This was the fall of 2006. The bears always come in the fall and eat acorns. I'm not scared of bears, but snakes, god help me. Now a mother with three cubs is something to see. You should have seen when another bear wandered in a little close. She Jumped on the ground and those cubs were up the tree in a nano second. Then she kinda raised her back which made her body real short and took off after the other bear. Seeing that....There is no way you will out run a bear. And if you think you will be safe in a tree think again. Those big ones can get up and down as good as the little ones.

This pic was taken out the bedroom window from about ten feet away.

Last edited:

patches

ok, i gotta call BS on ya'll having the better women. i've never been to canada but i have been north of the mason dixon line and i don't know what happens to the women in these places but their not even in the same ball park with southern girls. not saying ya'll don't have any good looking ones but their everywhere down here.