steve heintz

hydrohog

has anybody heard anything about him ,i got a disterbing call from his wife today said he passed away i was floored thought i was hearing things.

h2oskiier30

Have not heard it...but he has not logged in since Saturday, which is pretty unusual for him. I hope your info is false, but if it came from his wife, I'm doubtful.

I do know that Jon Wright died 2 or 3 days ago.

hydrohog

his wife called me today to tell me not to send his motors because i have 3 of his powerheads at my place thats when she told me

22R

Did he have a screen name on here ? Very sorry for the loss to his family.

22R

allisonriverrat

man i hate to hear that! i have talked to him several times...... we had some great conversations. my thoughts and prayers are with his family

suicidealli

holy chit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i talk to steve 3 times a week!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just talked to his wife...... he passed in his sleep. not sure the cause yet!
47 years old!!!! i bought parts from steve weekly!!!!!! he is going to be missed!!!!!!!!

roy

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

I'm in shock too, Roy. I just bought a big bearing upper cap from him a couple of weeks ago, and have bought many parts from him both here on the boards and eBay.

Very, very to hear about this.

BP1

Sad to hear this. I bought some stuff from him over the years and ran into him on the river a few times.
RIP Steve.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Man this hits like a ton of bricks..... he mentioned awhile back that we needed to meet for the first time the last time he was in Houston, but we could never make schedules co-incide. Very sad that I will never get a chance to meet what seems like an extraordinary person. Prayers to the family. RIP Steve!

Richard

Casey G

we spoke and exchanged many emails over the years and he never mentioned being sick. in fact a few months ago he was in town and we were supposed to meet up and have dinner, but it fell through.

he was a sharp guy and will be missed. our prayers go out to him and his family

suicidealli

I met steve, and his wife in jasper last year. we were also trying to meet up for dinner when he was on his way home from florida, but my schedule that day was bad. steve gave me some good deals on new parts. he will be missed.

roy

David Lanham

I got a call from his Wife last night.

Terrible and shocking news.

I met Steve in 1995 at Baker Mine Support in N IL. I just purchased a new pro max for my then XB2002. Steve and I went out to break it. I

FLYING BUTCHER

I also had many conversations with Steve and purchased many items from him. What in the world is going on, first Jon and now Steve. Our prayers are with his family. RIP ole friend

Bobalouie

Same here, bought parts from him and talked a few times over the phone. I wouldnt say I knew him well, but he was definitely a great guy to do biz with and very open when sharing info. RIP Steve.