Stroker Boats?

Wicky

Boy oh boy, after reading about the speeds these strokers are achieving on Bassboatcentral.com, I think I'm gonna sell my ally and go buy a stroker. Pound for pound it appears they are faster hands down. Or, is this just my imagination. Or, are stroker owners overzealous. I know I've never been passed by one.
Wicky

Wicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyPp0hHLIw&feature=related
Doesn't seem like 109 to me but, hell my my GPS read 106 one time. The reality of it is it only read 106 once and never again. It has however, read 98 a few times.
I just realized they are on a river with current. This could make my 98 a 103 maybe?
Yeah yeah, that's the ticket.

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

That ain't no normal stroker. That's Kurt's one-off. It's considerably lighter, has a different pad, and is left-hand drive. The production strokers don't run like that one.

HDL

The production Strokers are running around 105 on the big end. Them boyz have alot of time and money invested in what they are achieving right now. Kurt was consitently running 109 with a modified case and 107 with a B&B sportmaster. Don't knock em dude, they are for real.

Largemouthlou

Wicky, sounds like your trolling to me so I will only say this once..

The speeds are factual, Standard production Strokers are running consistant #ers the same as yours with 250's and with 300X 102-103 " there are some with higher top end #ers when all is perfect...

All my speeds are monitered by 2 seperate GPS's, so very unlikly that 2 have the same glitch... As for current, well not gonna debate that one.. You to can go run in a river and see how much difference it really makes..

Ohhh, and as in weight, well mine was weighted on a certified hanging scale and it was right at 1335 with all other weights removed, including jackplate.. So if mine only ran 100 I would be happy..

Thanks Hank :at the bar

Have a great day:smile:beer:

Darth VMAX

IMO the Stroker speeds are as advertised. You just have to consider what Hank and Lou mentioned. There has been a lot (ie. much more than the avg Joe) time, dollars and brain-power to eek out the 107-109 mph speeds. I would bet it is safe to conclude that if those with Allison's spent that much time and $$$ for TOP END speed you would see like results. A good example would be one Mr. David Shook. I think he holds some sort of speed record.

fishnfireman

I give those guys at lower elevations who are turning those big numbers KUDOS.
It has been to well documented to be BS for some..maybe not all.
The Stroker boys from around here are well behind those triple digits.

It's a known fact that no one is going to run hp to hp with a 20 ft Allison.

I think it's time we Allison boys step up and make the 21ftr run some BIG numbers..

john4utvols

I watched several strokers at the fastbass rally's over the last few years, and I would say the top end #'s are for real. Only thing I see with the stroker is it really takes it a long time to get on plane compared to a Allison. I would like to see these #'s ran by a new XB 21 bassport pro. What is the top speed for a Xb21 bassport pro. I believe we saw 101 at the rally one year.

Fishforcash

I witnessed a Stroker/Hydrotech Yamaha run 105/106 several times on Picwick last April.

That Stroker that ran 109 is a one off boat. Light layup with a different pad. It aint your normal Stroker that rolls out the door.

RedAllison

I wuz IN a Stroker at Pickwick in April (FB rally) with Kurt driving and I saw the 105 on the gps myself!!! :beer: It was Paul Koffman's black Stroker with a VERY hot Stage III Hydrotec Mammiehaw onda back. (335+hp I think I heard) The boat was empty and sans troller as well. BUT it DID run 80+ with 4 guys in it as well as a big cooler fulla "dranks" on the front deck as well... :at the bar ARRRGGGGG!!! :laughing The consoles don't protect chit much over 80, BUT I wuz surprised at how well it rode over the snotty crap at WOT. (Course at 105 aint mucha nuttin inda water anyway!) And yes, as you add trollers, batteries, tackle, dranks and water inda livewell the speeds fall off as well. But same goes for nearly all of em don't it?

Are they quick? NOPE. Slow as mud outta da hole when setup for that kind of big end. I can't remember for sure, but seems like guys like Kurt, Paul, Greg, Nasty/Dave and such have used 32"-34" Bravo 1s for big end numbers. OBVIOUSLY they aint gonna be quick with those kinda wheels on the bidness end. It's no secret Kurts boat is "special" but it's still purty impressive to get a boat THAT big runnin those kinda numbers.

As for gettin the XB21s runnin those #s. We've seen 'em run 103+ before so I don't think it'd be much of a problem to get a "prepped and proper" 21 (especially the SUB) runnin upper 100s.

WHO gonna do dat? Lemme know I'll come watch! :beer: I'm content to stay in the 80s and drank beer and catch bass wit my "red heavyweight"!!!
RA

chad202

They hit on some great stuff with their setups and running big speeds. That very same boat walked off and left me when I was running 100mph.

Wicky

Ok, much respect to the stroker boys and especially to the one in the vid. Personally, I've never been passed by one but, hey, that's just me. In conlclusion, a 20ft Stoker next to a 20ft Allison both with identical motors, the Allison definitely pulls the Stroker? Yes? No?
I'm guessing yes. Still, much respect given to the Stroker.

jimmyb

strokers are 21'

and they are slow out of the hole

and i would much rather have an allison (or bullet) when the waves get rolling

and i hate the clamshells. Heck, i have considered buying one and sazalling the consoles off and having someone layup some normal looking consoles, but then i just bought a bullet instead

catfish123

The clamshells would keep me from ever considering a Stroker. I just feel they are horrible looking. Other than that, they are nice looking boats that obviously when set up right, are capable of running some excellent top end numbers. Different strokes for different folks. I will stick with my Allison that will never run as fast as some of the Stroker guys. Good job though guys, I know it takes time, money, and work to get any boat to run that well.

propmanjay

That boat is smoken for sure but it aint no ally. I would have hated to be running that hard and throw a blade.

Largemouthlou

Kurt threw an ear of the 32 ET, Boat didn't think about doing anything other then sitting down.. I believe it was at 109 when it happened.. My 20XD was the same way, throw an ear at 100 and just sit the boat down..

S

Scott Gilmore

strokers are 21'

and they are slow out of the hole

and i would much rather have an allison (or bullet) when the waves get rolling

and i hate the clamshells. Heck, i have considered buying one and sazalling the consoles off and having someone layup some normal looking consoles, but then i just bought a bullet instead

I'm pretty sure you can order a Stroker with a "normal" console. I think they're cool boats & run awesome for a BIG Bassboat. I've thought about buying one & just might someday. Scott

HDL

Nope, you can't order one with "normal" consoles. The clamshells are all you can get. I too don't really like the consoles

S

Scott Gilmore

Nope, you can't order one with "normal" consoles. The clamshells are all you can get. I too don't really like the consoles

HMMMM, I'm sure you're right about the Clamshell, seems like I've seen them with other consoles...........oh well It sure wouldn't keep me from buying one !! Scott