Stroker Boats?

whipper

largemouthLou if you read my post carfully I'm not saying the stoker isn't fast. The original thread started saying it seems like pound for pound a stoker is faster than an Allison hands down. I was just ribbing a bit also. I'm just not so sure about the pound for pound its faster. So I gave some examples of speeds some people have witnessed. I never said anything about the record at all. The record is 116 I said 13 faster thats 122! Same guy but the 122 was fastest pass ever not a average taken buy mutable passes on a particular day. I used the example of a grand sport because weight wise with a 300 and two passengers its about the same. Stoker says the hull weight is 1200-1300lbs and with a 300 at lakeX ran 97 on the test day but 102 the year before. With the right setup and the right power and driver 109 is great. I'm just saying a lot of production Allys can do 109 with a 300 out back not just a special one off boat thats all. Heck if a bass boat can do over 90 they are fast in my my books. I don't dislike any boat either what ever floats your boat I always say. Ive even had boats that never floated.That would be sank!:banghead Wasn't intentionally starting a pissing match. I don't like the clamshell either but Ill take any of the above mentioned Hair colors so long as there sleek and fast. Hay if your at the helm of a duel clamshell with no other passengers it that a Minashatwa?:laughing

HDL

. HDL have you tryed hanging a 32 or 34 4blade Merc cleaver off the transom of your 03/300? thats what a Guy out hear ran on his GS/300 combo to get lots of 110,s and some 112mph runs. He could run 105 with 5 people on board. I beleve it liked the added wieght. Yours should do the same because of the hull bottom simularities. I think a XB03 is just a little faster than a XS03. Hears a link to what Greg had to say about his setup if your interested. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=3342

Good read. Thanks Whipper. Currently my best speed has come with a 28 ET. I have a 30ET that I am working with but I think I am gonna have to send it off to be BB. I have never considered a clever due to it's stern lift reputation but hell it wouldn't hurt to try one, so I will be looking for one to try now!

Yellowallison

Stroker's family tree has a branch back to Allison anyways so you know its good fast boat :big grin

whipper

Well there ya go. Had to be a good reason there so fast. Ya HDL it sounds like because of all the torque she could handle the big 4 blades well. Theres been a few threads of guys running cleavers for big numbers on the 03 hulls. Most have been refering to the 3 blade though. The new merc 4 blade cleavers look meeeaann! I would think because of the extra wieght of the 300PM on a 03 that the extra stern lift would be benifical to bring the hull up to were she was more designed to run? I know on my Grand Sport the 4blade DR4 from Performance has loads of stern lift and I like it. My old DHA 30chopper never had much but was a fast wheel because of the smaller diamiter blades that were thinned and I also had some cup taken out so she spun up good. I still prefer the feel of the 4 blade and the running attitude is far more forgiving asspesualy if ya cross a wake at speed. http://www.mercuryracing.com/products/propellers/outboardcleaver.php

Last edited:
S

Scott Gilmore

Stroker's family tree has a branch back to Allison anyways so you know its good fast boat :big grin

NO stirring the pot ???? YA you're WAY too nice these days......... the new pills are working WAY too well !!! Scott

Yellowallison

NO stirring the pot ???? YA you're WAY too nice these days......... the new pills are working WAY too well !!! Scott
:big grin:big grin Me Luvz YU too ScottyG!!!!

You know what ya got when yu take a GT-20 and putwings on the back????:big grin

Hey whippy ...... yu mentioned runnin a 03 with cleaver..... my experience is YEA itz fast....but it also make the pucker-UP factor go off the scale:gasp

S

Scott Gilmore

:big grin:big grin Me Luvz YU too ScottyG!!!!

You know what ya got when yu take a GT-20 and putwings on the back????:big grin

Hey whippy ...... yu mentioned runnin a 03 with cleaver..... my experience is YEA itz fast....but it also make the pucker-UP factor go off the scale:gasp

Yea it's called a TRIAD V-21 & add some Clamshells/metal flake & you gots a Stroker !! Scott

Yellowallison

Yea it's called a TRIAD V-21 & add some Clamshells/metal flake & you gots a Stroker !! Scott
DING DING DING.....WE HAVE A WINNER!!

FREE BEER for YEAR fo SCOOTTY G :beer::beer:

Know why yu can't buy a NEW TRAID v21?????:punch

280ALLY

I know Wally sold all the STV molds recently to Full- Throttle powerboats, but was under the impression you can still order a V-21?

mtolley

from what i heard wally say at the last ecdba race in tabor city, is that hes going to sell the v-21 molds as well, and only going to build the drag boats. we'll see. i really like the v-21, not matter what the copy is! mt

Yellowallison

but was under the impression you can still order a V-21?
That'd a tuff task these days for quite a few different reasons:smile

Yes the molds are for sale....but not sure how many yu could make before you got a letter in the mail :smile

RedAllison

"...DING DING DING.....WE HAVE A WINNER!!

FREE BEER for YEAR fo SCOOTTY G :beer::beer:..."

:cuss I'd hate to hafta pay THAT tab!!! Better be a BIG ACE truck.

:laughing
RA

ps
If you gonne "getta letter inda mail" for V21s, why is it ok for Storms to keep pumpin em out?

Myron

I thought the molds and the rights were sold to Steve Stepp @ Volocity Boats

Yellowallison

I thought the molds and the rights were sold to Steve Stepp @ Volocity Boats
Maybe recently ????????? but Doubt it..........

Cuz when I was there getting the STV molds 4-5 months ago..... the V21 molds were stacked up behind Wallys shop... where from they'd looks of-- they been for a while!! :relax: I'd imagine since the letter :cool

Last edited:

Myron

no I ment the original GT 20 molds, I am pretty sure he has the rights to them

mtolley

Maybe recently ????????? but Doubt it..........

Cuz when I was there getting the STV molds 4-5 months ago..... the V21 molds were stacked up behind Wallys shop... where from they'd looks of-- they been for a while!! :relax: I'd imagine since the letter :cool
letter from who? Darris?. is it ok for wally to build v-21's but no one else, or has wally quit buildin them since he got a letter in the mail?

280ALLY

Let me guess, it was a patent infringement letter Wally got? I'm gonna line my V-21 up on the trailer next to a 2002 & see exactly how similar they are as far as width of pad,design,etc.