Sweet prop!!

jas638

Banned
i wish there was a way to have todd check it before i buy it.

Last edited:

xb03fs

just buy it and have it shipped there. Todd is a stand up guy if nothing needs to be done he will tell you nothing needs to be done. When I bought my 27 OT I had it shipped straight to him and he said,"Its already labbed, have fun" If it needs to be tweaked he will tweak it but if nothing needs to be done he will tell you nothing needs to be done.

jas638

Banned
i need to know the diameter first. i run 14 1/2. maybe todd can look up the serial numbers and tell me what it is?

Jay Martin

These props are 14 1/4 diameter, there was two versions..T-3X sport and the T-3X Comp, The sport was for heavily loaded bass and pleasure boats and the Comp which has less blade area for lightly loaded boats.
Todd will know from the serial number which one it is.

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
These props are 14 1/4 diameter, there was two versions..T-3X sport and the T-3X Comp, The sport was for heavily loaded bass and pleasure boats and the Comp which has less blade area for lightly loaded boats.
Todd will know from the serial number which one it is.
yes you are correct.i remember reading about that, maybe on the website. so now i am thinking ? being i have a grand sport, (little heavy) maybe the comp is not what i need. maybe i would need the sport. i bet roy has one!!! i have a 14x5-26p knob cut. comes out of the hole like an animal,runs like a scalded dog to 100+ with 2+ people in the boat.handles beautiful!!!

Last edited:

xb03fs

Since the TX-3 went out of production I think the knob cut is the closest he can get to it by cutting big ear choppers.

2003225X

Anyone know what happended to this prop?????

I was the first to reply on the thread saying I wanted the prop and sent him a PM.

Prop was marked sold 2 hours later and I have not heard a word from the seller. I have tried to call him with no answer and no return phone call.

Jay Martin

Someone must have beat you to it,,You know those guys camp out on the props for sale.

Last edited:

2003225X

I would love to know how someone beat me to it considering I was the first one to post on the thread that I would like to purchase it. Geee... I guess following the "rules" and being the nice guy gets you last place.

And I would expect a little bit more out of someone that owns his own business to provide some type of explanation... No PM return and no phone call return isn't a real good way of doing business.

Jay Martin

I would love to know how someone beat me to it considering I was the first one to post on the thread that I would like to purchase it. Geee... I guess following the "rules" and being the nice guy gets you last place.

And I would expect a little bit more out of someone that owns his own business to provide some type of explanation... No PM return and no phone call return isn't a real good way of doing business.
I hear ya...More than likely what happen is someone sent a pm and never posted. Had the same thing happen to me once...:sad.....

2003225X

It is nothing against you...

This is the type of stuff that pisses me off though. The "rules" of each board are put in to place to follow. And when you follow them, get shafted on the deal, and don't get an explanation it looks pretty bad.

2003225X

I would really like the T3X Sport.

Would a Comp run on a XB2003?

I was also considering one of the offshore cut Chopper IIs that Steve Smith does. I have a 27 OT that I run everyday. I am looking for a good running 28 pitch 3 blade. XB 2003 with a 225X. Do you have anything?

Jay Martin

I would say Comp on the 2002 and the Sport on the 2003, I tried a T4-X on my 2003 and didn't like it.
I had a 28 Steve Smith off shore cut from a Chopper II recently, didn't like it either. Besides the Hill Marine Eagle 4 (my fastest prop), I always fall back to my Hydro O/T's, they are hard to beat on the XB03's..

I just got a 29 SRX in today that I'm gonna play with, I'm afraid it's not gonna be enough for my Yamaha, as always I need more pitch than what I can find..

It might be up for sale by next week..Don't know yet, had to order a thrust washer for it so I can run it..

jas638

Banned

i was interested in the prop also. but due to the fact that it was being sold by a well known prop refinisher/refurbisher/cutter i was hesitant to pursue it. many times he will list props for sale without all the info. like the diameter,or serial numbers. he has had hoss props for sale,i wanted pics of serial numbers. only to prove to prop you see is the prop you get. i have to ask questions ,but really never got the answers i was looking for. i also notice guys buy his offshore cuts,say there great, but then sell them . i am only stating my opinion of what i see occur on the forums.kinda makes me wonder? maybe that tx-3 was really beat up? without a factory to compare it would be hard to tell how cut on it was.all things meant to be,you did not get it ,maybe thats good.

Last edited:

catfish123

I have to agree that it is interesting how many of these offshore cuts are always for sale. Sort of makes a person wonder and has kept me so far from buying one. My experience with most all the cuts from many prop builders is that they are usually not what they are cracked up to be. I've had better luck with uncut Hydromotive props, and Merc Chopper II's, Merc ET's, etc. I have had far more bad experiences buying used props than I have had good experiences.

K.Kiser

The original Offshore prop was a screaming fast prop, as fast as any back in the day and would surely do the very well now... As far as an "offshore cut" prop goes I'm in the dark in regard to how close they are to an original but I remember in the eighties with the closed course racing and speed trials the Hoss Triton and Offshore were commonplace... With that said, I think 99% of us lake runners can find what we come for in an offering from Hoss, Hydromotive, lightning ET or copy....