The big trips

allison8503

Set up set up and more set up... It is possible with a 260. While I do not have a XB 2003 fishing boat, the GSE is the same bottom (almost exact) The GSE has a full deck and flared up mock windshield. Plus a lot more free board on the boat, which punches a much bigger hole thru the air than the 2003 XB. With my normal pleasure boat load (a ton of ****) and cooler and three 200 lb. guys in the boat it will bust a hundred. Same load with two people runs 104-105 all day. Granted you need some power but set up is the KEY !!!!

TBuck
You can only say it a couple of hundred times on here until you feel like a broken record but TBuck is 10000% correct!

deadeye99

I did it with my 03, 280, trolling motor, 2 batteries, 8 rods and the front hatch planos full. At 98 the nose wants to lay down and needs more trim. Really have to string it out. I'm happy. Ran 96 with 3 people into a 20 knot wind a couple months ago. That is good enough for me now. 20 years ago would be different. Bob

catfish123

That takes a lot of nerve to bump the trim up at 98 mph when the nose lays down.............more nerve than I have! I always felt when the nose dropped that the prop was no longer carrying the boat well as a result of too much trim or too much overall motor height. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's interesting to me that works.

Waterdigger

set up set up and more set up... It is possible with a 260. While i do not have a xb 2003 fishing boat, the gse is the same bottom (almost exact) the gse has a full deck and flared up mock windshield. Plus a lot more free board on the boat, which punches a much bigger hole thru the air than the 2003 xb. With my normal pleasure boat load (a ton of ****) and cooler and three 200 lb. Guys in the boat it will bust a hundred. Same load with two people runs 104-105 all day. Granted you need some power but set up is the key !!!!

Tbuck
aaaaammmmmeeeeennnnnn!!

90 5.0

That takes a lot of nerve to bump the trim up at 98 mph when the nose lays down.............more nerve than I have! I always felt when the nose dropped that the prop was no longer carrying the boat well as a result of too much trim or too much overall motor height. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's interesting to me that works.

Yeah if mine starts trying to drop or not wanting to raise right I'm usually over trimming it, one bump down and it usually drops some r's picks the nose up and jumps up some mph.

Usually when I'm coming up with the motor when I feel it jump up is where it wants to be, up higher than that and the nose wants to fall , rpm's go up and mph goes down, but I've got alot of weight in the nose too.
Troller, graph, rods, plano's , assorted tackle and other items, spare clohes, towels ,rain gear etc.

deadeye99

It's been discussed that it is an aero thing with the console that pushes the nose down at 97-98. I don't bump the trim there, I slow down bump it, then run it back up. No death wish here!! Bob

Fishforcash

I can tell ya what my old one did when the nose dropped and I bumped the trim...

High RPMs and " Right turn Clyde".