the fastest prop for a xb2002 comp hull

bassmastrbw96

what is the best prop to carry a small load get out of the hole ok good mid range and fly on the big end i have a 225 pm 12 inch setback

john w

save your money on et and the mazco. find a 26,28,30 chopper you can find then for $200 a piece used on scream and fly. now you have 3 props for the price of one et. run each one and go see your local prop guy to have them worked. good luck !!

Crazyoz

Banned
I run a 28 chopper cut and worked by JC`s props and it is 2mph faster than an ET. ET`s are good props and so are Mazco`s. I like the yamaha props after they are worked. I run a 225 promax with 14 setback and I have hit the 105 marke with good hole shot and acceleration. Good luck with your choice, might try some props if you can and choose the one you like. JC`s number is 1-256-575-5718. I think he charged me 125 or 150 to cut mine and it looks like a brand new one. Runs like it too.

Brack

I dont want to hi-jack this post......

But Oz what cut did JC's put on your chopper?

Bassmastrbw 96........The Hoss prop's are Great on our 02's also, I have 3

Jimxb02

I agree with John W, a worked chopper is a good cost effective way to go. Also if you could find a Hoss Triton or Hyperdrive to try, it could be the right prop on your boat and setup.

I am also curious about the mods on that Promax ---- I'm not questioning the GPS reading, just think it would be hard to hit 105 with a 28 pitch and a stock motor.

Jim

Crazyoz

Banned
Motor has 145 to 150 compression and rev limiters are 7500. Gear ratio is 1.75 and I did it 5 consecutive times and John hit the 105 mark in it too. Turned about 7300 maybe 7400 that day and it was about 42 degrees. Tom brite drove it at the fastbass the year before and it ran 103 with a 1.78 gear ration. These boats will run if set up right. Ask either one of those guys and they will tell you the same thing. JC cuts them to something like a ET but it was faster all around. Jaco`s edition is stamped on the side because that is who I got to cut it until I found JC myself. The man does awsome work. He is just doesnt advertise anymore.

J

John Richied

What work have you had done to your motor?
I believe this question needs answered first so you know the rev-limiter of the 225 ProMax.

IF the ProMax is bone stock a 30 Lightning ET @6750 Rpm's will get you to about 96 mph (GPS) running light loaded with not to bad a holeshot for a big pitched prop.

beanieoz

Banned
The question was answered. He asked what was done and I told what was done to it. Nothing has been touched except the heads and the rev limiters and the gears in the lower unit. Back when it was bone stock and stock sportmaster with the 28 I run today it ran 94.5 to 95 every time out and it ran 98 with a 30 JC prop. Like I said JC`s prop is faster than the stock ET or at least on my boat.

beanieoz

Banned
Dang I posted under my wifes name again, by the way the stock revs are 6750 and the compresion on my promax was 130 to 135.

J

John Richied

I was and still am addressing the man who asked the original question

boataddict

hey bart,i have a 28et you can try.

some promax motors have more stock hp.there was a post by lee where he posted dyno results."the 95 to 97 promax's would show 260 hp on my Land & Sea dyno. They were 248 hp out the box. The newer 98 to 2000's only had 225 to 230 hp and would only run 88 or 89 mph w/two people and tournement load. Jeff's boat would run 92 or 93 under the same conditions as I recall"
this was referring to a 2003.but i have always thought some promax motors were stronger.

Last edited:

bassmastrbw96

i may take you up on that george i have a sportmaster gear case 7400 rev limiter i dont know a whole lot about this motor i have heard alot about those rl cut props what kind of prop would i get a cut like that on i am gonna try a few props this weekend ill keep posted thanks guys

Last edited:

john4utvols

Jc put Rl on L'burg marines props because they were made for steves bullets, and he stamped Jaco's on Jerrys for his Allison's. JC is about 1 hour away from me and you can't bet his work in my opinion on lower units or props. JC would go with jerry when they were testing for speed records and hand cup there props on the bank as they needed them, so he has plenty of knowledge about Allisons and what cup you need to make them run. I also agree with OZ 28 cut choper is the best all around prop we have ran on oz's 2002.

Crazyoz

Banned
All of JC`s props have been faster than any I have run, but I have to say that nothing I have run carrys a load like Todd and Tom`s Hydromotive props do. Probably would not hurt to talk to them boys and get some input. That grandsport of theirs will hall some a$$ wether it is in the seat or on the gps. If you are coming to the rally I dont mind a bite if you try mine and the Hydromotive boys want mind neither. By the way my promax is a 1999 model and it dynoed about 235 stock. Good luck

J

John Richied

When I raised the rev-limiter on my 225 Promax my favorite all around prop was a 28 Lightning ET.

Set-up with a modified Sportmaster (cut down skeg, added t-tab, 1.87 gears), jackplate moved into 10