Took the gopro for a ride last weekend

F2008

Very cool.

Next one keep your foot in it longer, I was just getting into it and we slowed down.:big grin

Dave Hensley

Very cool. Is the cam packaged differently with mounts for different applications? I would like to have one with helmet mounts and a fixture to mount like you had in the video. Suction cups?

GotMyAlly

Very cool. Is the cam packaged differently with mounts for different applications? I would like to have one with helmet mounts and a fixture to mount like you had in the video. Suction cups?
Yeah, there's a couple different mounting options available. I got the roll cage mount and clamped it around a seat pedestal.

Some cowlings vibrate more than others. When John suction-cupped mine onto his cowling last summer, it just had too much shake.

max200

it was blowing about twenty mph that day and kept getting a nasty crosswind had to let out of it a couple of times but did run about 95 mph on the last run! The gopro 3 comes with a couple of sticky pads that stick hard and hold the camera solid no worries! The gopro 3 has wifi so you can control it with your phone you can see what it see's for setup and turn it on and off

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Very cool and I am very jealous. Notice everything is still nice and green, water is still soft and it just looks WARM.

Meanwhile its 21 degrees here in Kansas.... I HATE THE WINTER! (at least in Kansas!)

fnshrmaster

Very cool and I am very jealous. Notice everything is still nice and green, water is still soft and it just looks WARM.

Meanwhile its 21 degrees here in Kansas.... I HATE THE WINTER! (at least in Kansas!)
I am jealous too. We are at 18 at night, lakes are icing fast now. I have a boat that I got late fall that I ran once. Spring couldn't come any sooner! Kurt

SmallJaw

Every time I finally talk myself out of buying a new GoPro, somebody (you!LOL) post an awesome video and I go back to thinking of all the ways I could mount one on my boat. Nice ride and nice video Cuz. I loved it.

jimbob88

Roy, you are a bad passenger. You push your driver out- ask brenda. Darth- spent last nite in tonganoxie & ate at arthur bryants in kc. You have no water to be frozen over!!! Just send a gopro 3 up nort to me & I'll take great pics of nature for you

Darth VMAX

Darth- spent last nite in tonganoxie & ate at arthur bryants in kc. You have no water to be frozen over!!! Just send a gopro 3 up nort to me & I'll take great pics of nature for you
LOL...you are right, but whats left is so shallow it freezes solid! Some areas of the state were 14 inches below normal for rainfall in 2012

GotMyAlly

Every time I finally talk myself out of buying a new GoPro, somebody (you!LOL) post an awesome video and I go back to thinking of all the ways I could mount one on my boat. Nice ride and nice video Cuz. I loved it.
If you want to make a few runs with mine, meet me at pickwick some weekend, I'll bring mine, and you can make videos until you run out of gas.

Honestly I don't use mine as much as I thought I would when I bought it. I've put it in the boat during the rally the last two years, and in my jeep once. I keep thinking it would be cool to make a fishing video when the big stripers are really on fire, but I never take the time to get it out when I have that kind of distraction.