Took the RR out today

Waterdigger

Made a few test runs today. The PM hit the limiter at about 1000 to 1200 feet with a 26 ET. Going to get rid of limiter and would like to change to laser injection. Any information would help me a lot. Thanks

Attachments

FFWD

Looks great Mike!!!!! With the limiter still in it you are going to need at least a 30 to keep it off the limiter. What kind of injection is on it now?

Waterdigger

Looks great Mike!!!!! With the limiter still in it you are going to need at least a 30 to keep it off the limiter. What kind of injection is on it now?
Thanks Brian, I plan to use a bigger wheel. This is my first Merc and I'm not familiar with fuel injection. I don't know how many rounds a stock block 225PM is capable of with just bolt ons. My PM is stock except for 34cc heads.

suicidealli

The laser injection and the pro max injection are the same.. You can change the fuel delivery to it like a pro stock and a 849 merc box with a custom curve or a ACU/PCU.
That will wake it up some. The stock promax piston are ok. Short burst of big rpms are ok, but you don't want to hold it WAO for long stretches at big rpms.. Cast pistons. JMO
The pm run strong for what that are!!!!!!!

Roy

Waterdigger

The laser injection and the pro max injection are the same.. You can change the fuel delivery to it like a pro stock and a 849 merc box with a custom curve or a ACU/PCU.
That will wake it up some. The stock promax piston are ok. Short burst of big rpms are ok, but you don't want to hold it WAO for long stretches at big rpms.. Cast pistons. JMO
The pm run strong for what that are!!!!!!!

Roy
Set up like a pro stock how much gain are we talking about? Thanks

Waterdigger

Back on the water today with a few changes. Ludwig Bros woke my PM up with a Brucato box and 16amp system. The RR felt good, 8000 with a 26ET. Running GC 3/8" below pad going to raise her up a little. Being my first Merc to ever own...so far so good!

atgill

I heard you up there, [just kidding] I was crappie fishing in Marie Saline lake....by the Crossett port

racerx

Waterdigger sounds like you got the max putting out,good for you..