Tooo much trim timer

patches

That headwind was definitely a concern. Luckily by the time we ran it had died down some. I saw it and pulled run time out of my timer before I even left the trailer

LakeAnna

Looks good! Running into a headwind is not for the faint of heart... have you ever run your boat without the windscreen???

Last edited:

DOUBLE J

I ran without the windshield Sunday. In the 1/8 th mile I didn't notice any difference. For the 1/4 I plan on running without.

ziemer

Where's your propshaft? Maybe the pic is decieving, but it looks buried...

Nice to see someone else drag racing a family boat. :big grin :big grin

DOUBLE J

I checked last night cause I thought the same. It's even to about a 1/4 above. I going to test some Friday so I plan on playing with height. In this class I have to weigh 2000#'s with my motor combo.

DOUBLE J

It's about 100' before the end. I'm doing some weight shifting forward to get it to launch better.

XXXR2001

You probably don't want to kite that grandsport like that. You can get away with it in a XR2001 if setup for that style of driving but the GS isn't so forgiving; it will bite you eventually.

Buy one of Erik Kiser's mechanical trim limiters and you won't have to worry about the run time issue. It will trim to the same spot every time. Keep your trim timer for the delay but you won't need to use the run time to stop the trim. You may still need to make small adjustments for wind but it'll be more consistent.

DOUBLE J

Thanks and I 'll check it out @ the Gulfport race. This pic was from the first pass. After that I turned the time down and it ran more level. That was definetly a pucker moment in the pic. It was hard for me to get it spot on with such a short course

LakeAnna

If that pic is at the end... you where in the danger zone on the gs for sure. I spun mine a few times... NOT fun. You have a stock 280?
The boat will feel better upstairs without that windscreen.:cool

racerx

The way I see it the boat just needs one bump on the down button...great picture

msethsmile

Funny Guy
ziemer-
quite a few of the rigs running UMPBA (MN) are family lake boats. see pics at their website. 02s, 03s, vectors, v-kings, gs's, ss's, etc.--even an open bow once in a while.

DOUBLE J

I reviewed the video of that pass and I was incorrect about where it kited. It looks around mid track which would be around the 300'.

ziemer

ziemer-
quite a few of the rigs running UMPBA (MN) are family lake boats. see pics at their website. 02s, 03s, vectors, v-kings, gs's, ss's, etc.--even an open bow once in a while.
That's very cool. ;)

2000 lbs huh? Man that's heavy! When I ran, we were 1650, which meant I only added about 25-30 lbs.

1/4" or so above is probably close...how much setback? I only ran 7", and was around 1/4" above... but again at 2k, you probably need a bit more than I ran.

I would agree that weight placement would be crucial. And if you're only running 800 ft, you're not experiencing the point of where the lip pushes the nose back down. Mine would get flighty too about mid track, but when it felt a bit high, I knew it was trimmed perfect because at around 1000 ft, it would lay over and take another bump up of trim. :cool :big grin

whipper

Kool shot but ya a little on the over trimmed side by the looks of things. wish we had racing up hear I would be all over that. Ive been practicing the 1/4 for years just against my self.:big grin
With a 280 you could almost have your trim set and left in the slightly positive position from the start to finish Ill bet in 800ft? Jump right up and go.

Very cool pic though trimmed out and you kitting her up though i know you wish you weren't..:beer: