Trophy props?

chad202

They don't make a 3-blade trophy. Get you a good 25 trophy and you'll be very supprised. I still can't speak for Todds props yet, haven't run any yet but from what you see on here, their awesome.

GotMyAlly

I bet you can find some 3 bladed Trophies REAL CHEAP. Probably can even find a bargain on some 2 bladed ones if you look hard enough.

I ran 3 different 27 trophies on my 03. All three had steering torque so bad, it'd make your arms hurt to drive it. Then after seeing Jim crack 2 blades on one right out of the box on a 2-mile run.....that did it for me. Won't see a trophy on any of my boats. Save them for the bayliners........

xb03fs

Trophies seem cheap until you figure they have to be cut, treated, and balanced to stay together. Like I said the 24 I had ran great until the crack. Todd's props are actually very competivie if figure his come "stock" with the "outboard cut " and heated treated for every Allison Owner. I specically have asked that my hydromotive to not come sharpened be cause I run rivers with debris all the time. No problems here and I have chopped some wood with them...

msharp

I guess if you ride around with a zebco 202 ,5 hooks,1float, and a pack of worms there all ok . But with a fishing load. Livewell trolling motor 2 or 3 batts ...... Things change.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trophies seem cheap until you figure they have to be cut, treated, and balanced to stay together. Like I said the 24 I had ran great until the crack. Todd's props are actually very competivie if figure his come "stock" with the "outboard cut " and heated treated for every Allison Owner. I specically have asked that my hydromotive to not come sharpened be cause I run rivers with debris all the time. No problems here and I have chopped some wood with them...
So you had one trophy break on you and that means they have to have 400 dollars worth of work to be a good prop? I disagree. I've had way to many that have been excellent props with no work. The only reason I got my 26 worked was I tried to take off in <2ft of water...my fault, not the prop's.

I do believe that bad batches get out now and then, either bad castings or bad pots of steel. How many ETs and Pro ETs have had blade slinging issues? You don't hear people talking about how crappy they are.

I agree with chad202, try a 25 and you'll be impressed, it does pretty much everything.

aaronmt

The Hydro's I tried of Silverbullets was very unsettling for lack of better words.It just never seem to feel locked in regardless of where I ran.I believe it was B&B / labbed if I rembember right.That being said Im sure there are many that have great results.The 24 trophy in stock form is a joke compared to the the others.For some reason all the 24s ive run all had alot of slip.Mark Croxton said once there B&B there good,but in stock form they have issurs. XB03FS if your only useing a 24p Trophy for an example of what others are like I think you may need to try some more.The 25p has been a flat runner on all the boats ive had.I run a 26p for our everyday prop on our Velocity.Ive had many trophys,the only one I broke was from a log at 60mph.

suicidealli

I ran one knob cut but it was a piece of crap, beat up.... So I can't say either.
I had a couple of the 4 blade over the hub props. They ran good. A lot of prop.... I'm to cheap to buy a new one...lol I would love to try a 26 knob cut....

Roy

BigRedAlli

Roy, come down one weekend and you can try my 28 that Todd reworked that now runs like a 26 on steroids...lol

suicidealli

Thats a deal Marty......... I Ned to come down get my stuff anyway..

I ran a Ron hill ET copy today 15x27 with some extra cup, and it ran very well, but debri in the water, so I couldn't skin her back...

Roy

xb03fs

I have not tried as many props as others and the hydros run flat which may be unsettling to some but I am putting up healthy numbers with my 200 and they fit my driving style so really. Others may drive and have other expectations so there is really no bad prop. I think they all have their applications and will run if you find the right setback and motor height

suicidealli

I have not tried as many props as others and the hydros run flat which may be unsettling to some but I am putting up healthy numbers with my 200 and they fit my driving style so really. Others may drive and have other expectations so there is really no bad prop. I think they all have their applications and will run if you find the right setback and motor height
No doubt different props run different, and usually will require a slightly different set up... Usually not just a bolt on and the best prop you have ever ran....lol I wish it was that easy.. Also agree drivers have habits, and styles.
I kinda run the boat different til I get the best numbers, and decide if that is what I want.. Some drivers never change, and say the prop isn't any good... Some like to really fly them, and others like them high out of the water, but not much trim... You have to find the the correct prop for what you are looking for, and your stlye.... I love driving cleavers on my 02, but it is a handful, and feels like your 2' above the water....lol. Exciting to drive them, but not for everybody...... Super thrill tho.....

Roy

xb03fs

What I really like about the is how well they turn I can make river turns in the 80s and only max out in the 80s. Just bump the trim down once or twice. Tight u turns in the 40s. They lift the whole boat not the nose so much

bec

Never owned a trophy until I bought me an Allison. So far no regrets handles well.I still have my training wheels on my boat so I have not turned it loose to see.I just cringed using my 28et wasn't crazy about hauling 4 adults around but it would do it.looks like a heck of a deal in the prop section being that it has had the cut and has not been run much.I gave 390.00 for mine new.

chad202

The blades of a 25 are different than the 26 and the 27 is even more different. No torgue at all with a balanced 25. I've cracked three props, a drag IV, true ET, and a chopper with a hoss type cut. Never cracked a 25 trophy.

bec

Guess I done good, that is what I bought was a 25 .I'm alot more happier with it than the 26txp I had on my last boat.holeshot is excellent on my trophy compared to the txp I had.now I know when y'all mention about stiff props what you are referring to .Txp:big grin:

xb03fs

A stiff prop is one that runs like a bigger pitched prop than it is stamped. Most modern props are progressively pitched props that the stamped number is usually an average of the leading edge center and tip pitch measurements. So prop that is stiff may be stamped 26 bit run like a 28 on top and/or as hard to turn as a 28. And/or put up impossible slip numbers

suicidealli

A stiff prop is one that runs like a bigger pitched prop than it is stamped. Most modern props are progressively pitched props that the stamped number is usually an average of the leading edge center and tip pitch measurements. So prop that is stiff may be stamped 26 bit run like a 28 on top and/or as hard to turn as a 28. And/or put up impossible slip numbers
Yep... That is what I meant.

Well not happy with the Ron hill ET, It has to much slip. I might try to add some cup, but it is kinda far off. It runs good empty.
I tried a stock 27 SRX I really liked it, but not that great with a load either. I have a DAH 27 seems to have a little more cup. I need to try it, but then your talking about maybe messing up a high dollar prop...

Confused...

Roy

Last edited:

Allyfishing

Hey Roy...I know its not something you would want to buy as a "fishing prop" but I have a Steve Smith OS cut 28P that ran great with a really strong hole shot when I had my 225 ProMax. It ran strong in the midrange and drove very smooth. Almost as fast as the 28P QIV-OT that ran best top speed. Only a few tenths away. But what impressed me most was the no slip hole shot.

Now for another question: I was told that a 28P Trophy Plus has a completely different blade geometry over all the other lower pitch Trophy's and run terrible. Is that true and why?

Duh...I wanted to say you are welcome to try the 28P OS cut if you want to. No obligations blah blah...

Last edited: