Turbo TXP Props

harrells

Anyone tried one of these yet. I would like to sample one in a 27 OT4. My motor seems to like the smaller dia. wheels. The Trophy Plus has been the best all around prop so far. Just looking to try something different. Prop searching never ends. By the way the 28 trophy plus turns 6200rpm @ 95mph. It has a little tip cup added also.

chad202

I had a 24 txp4-blade that I loved for fishing in my 03. It would only run 92ish but would get there very quick then just Peter out. They don't like Rpms over 6400. They would stop pulling at that rpm. Lift was unreal. Very fuel efficient prop. Lift entire boat.

mittenbass

I tried a 28p TXP OT-4. On my xb-21 w/250xs and 1.62 gears lugged initially then spun up as the boat broke over. With pvs holes added it probably would have been good. Very strong midrange and good low speed planning.

whipper

There seems to be a lot of guys with 250 and 300xs motors running the drag4. A 30 drg4 with tip cup ill bet would be a monster with your setup. They lift incredibly well also with a little tip cup ive run probably 5 or more of those props and the 28 with tip cup was the best one. Never tried a 30 personally. A 32 drag4 was what Jason had on his 300pm GS to run 110 with 4 aboard but his promax spun to 7000 and was 335+ hp. A 30 might give you the best of both worlds?
If you see a 30 drag4 for sale you'll have to beat Randy {wildman} to the punch because he buys them up like candy for his Liberators.

Allyfishing

I had a 24 txp4-blade that I loved for fishing in my 03. It would only run 92ish but would get there very quick then just Peter out. They don't like Rpms over 6400. They would stop pulling at that rpm. Lift was unreal. Very fuel efficient prop. Lift entire boat.
I'm with Chad on the OT4. Awesome prop and mine kept pulling up thru 6800 RPM's. There's where I will differ.

Lifts entire hull and can be run higher than most and holds on tight. Fastest prop to 80 that I've ever run on my XB21/225 PM combo. Had a 27P but I sent it to Brian Meyers to try and I think he may buy it.

It needs PVS holes if you are running 1.62 gears. I have 1.75's and I had to plug the holes off.

Scott, I don't think it's your motor that likes smaller diameter props, it's your hull/weight that performs better. The 21's perform better with more diameter. A TXP OT4 has a larger diameter than your 28p Trophy

Allyfishing

I tried a 28p TXP OT-4. On my xb-21 w/250xs and 1.62 gears lugged initially then spun up as the boat broke over. With pvs holes added it probably would have been good. Very strong midrange and good low speed planning.
Mitten, a 28P TXP is more like a 29 or 30 in other props.

etnprop

the TXP's are available from Turbo with or without PVS vents and in my opinion are one of the best all around props out there for the money. Very reasonably priced and durable with a warranty to the original purchaser that no one can match - lifetime to the original purchaser. There are better props for Allisons but not in this price range.

harrells

Thank,s guys. I think I will look for a used 26 or 27p 4 blade. Craig if Brian doesn,t buy yours let me know.

Jay Martin

I have a 25 and 27 TXP O/T 4.
First of all if they are modified in any way including adding extra PVS holes the warranty is void, I void the warranty on all mine....:very happy

I run an XB03 and with a slow running load (like the wife that doesnt like anything over 55) they work great, other than that they have way to much lift for a lite loaded boat.

harrells

Just received a 27 TXP OT4, gonna try this one and see how it runs at the rally in a couple weeks. Thanks for the offer. How did it work for your set up if you don't mind me asking?