TXPs

jaybluez

Has anyone run a TXP on their allison? If so, what are likes and dislikes?

RobShaw-BasSport

I ran a 28 TXP 3 blade with pvs holes on my 08 BasSport Pro/250XS. Pretty good prop for that set up. It did exhibit some cavitation after breaking over but not too excessive. With some custom work, I think it could have been one of my best wheels.

Dark Ally

I ran one on my XB2002 w/245. the 25 was bad too the bone. Lots of boat lift great top end.

landar

Rob, you must have the strongest 250 XS on earth if you can turn a 28 txp. Those things are stiff. In my experience they carry the boat very well but they are sluggish compared to similar props and a little slower on top end. My boat is doing really well now with a 26 stock Trophy. Holeshot is good and it runs 85+ in 90 degree humid air with 3/4 tank of gas and two fat guys with all their equipment. The 26 Trophy has a lot more lift on my boat than the 27 did.

biller31

I got a worked TXP 4 from Billy at Performance Propellers and it hauls the mail on my rig. Holeshot was under 4 seconds, midrange is punchy, and top end was good. Thats with 2 big men and all the goods. Try it on when you get a chance. I think the fact that the one I got was worked a little at Performance Props probably made a difference though. Call em and ask em.