Under Carpet Padding install.

Allyfishing

kdawg, seeing that it has the colored threads around the edging (I forget what thats called) I'm assuming the carpet came from Allison as the precut kit for your boat. If that's true, did you use carpet from Allison, did they have to know what padding you used so they could precut the carpet to a larger size to fit over the padding and what, if any, kind of gap is there between the edge of the padding and the underside of the carpet where the outer most edge of the carpet gets glued to the deck?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you like it after a couple years? Does it take any longer to dry out if you get caught in bad weather?

local103racing

kdawg, seeing that it has the colored threads around the edging (I forget what thats called) I'm assuming the carpet came from Allison as the precut kit for your boat. If that's true, did you use carpet from Allison, did they have to know what padding you used so they could precut the carpet to a larger size to fit over the padding and what, if any, kind of gap is there between the edge of the padding and the underside of the carpet where the outer most edge of the carpet gets glued to the deck?
I’m doing the same thing I just ordered padding from Bill at Allison boats he said cut the padding 3/4 inches shorter than the carpet glue the padding down the glue the carpet to the padding

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I cut the padding smaller and folded the carpet surged area down over it. I love the padding and it has held up great. I cant remember the how much smaller but I read directions on how to do it on the web site I bought it from.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
How do you like it after a couple years? Does it take any longer to dry out if you get caught in bad weather?
Doesn't take any longer than normal to dry. It doesn't absorb water or not that I can tell anyway. Bout the only time it gets wet is when I pressure wash the carpet. I do that around 3-4 times a year.