WAR 2020

fastglass1

This was not discussed much at the last rally. What are the thoughts for next year?

Oh, and who wants to organize it?

dubmoney

I would be happy to do what ever is needed. How are we going to decide? Vote? or should we just tell everyone what is going to happen?

G Allen

I'd come back the same week next spring. The weather this year was an anomaly. We still need to see more pics from this year.

fastglass1

I have a friend from Florida coming up that week and plan on bring him. I like Shasta and Clear Lake but open to options.

dubmoney

That is a cool picture, we should try and line all of our motors up and get one like that. Mercury POWA!!

G Allen

Yep, but Whitney, yours has to have to cowl off so the block bling is in the shot. Plus something needs to happen in order to rescue the Sack o-Parts stuck in a Havasu dungeon... And a few more Allison owners from FB need to show up in person instead of traveling by keyboard and monitor or cell phone.

G Allen

What mechanically is needed to get it up again?

Also this time at the rally I think that some research on drinking party games might be a good idea for rainy days. As well as a couple more musicians...

Last edited:

SLOmofo

Been to long to remember. I left it on an engine stand pistons and crankshaft in. Front half bolted down. What has to happen is take the front half off and reseal the crankcase. The biggest is running it on the dyno and setting the fuel and ignition tables. He has recurved many engines since then. So has many new ideas to incorporate into the tune. Plus probable changes to the porting...more compression....

G Allen

When we were talking about it I seemed to remember that some abrasive compound that was used before assembly was not cleaned out completely, caused cylinder scoring from the first dyne runs onward...I was thinking about that situation.

I could NEVER afford it without dipping heavily into the rather skinny retirement fund, but one of those would be a great high altitude motor on my XTB. I'd go more conservative on the port timing but have appropriate compression to run on 91 ethanol free up here. At altitude, I am pretty sure that the best solution is not a smaller motor highly tuned, more cubic inches is better IMHO. A Sack-O-Cats motor with decent setup likely could do trips at sea level on the XTB. Since my ride has down riggers mounted, would set a world multi species boat speed record for Allison, hehe.

SLOmofo

Yep and it still produced 470 hurt low timing and rich. Elevation. The higher you go the lower the atmospheric pressure. Pressure pushes into a less pressured or vacuum. A forced induction is the way to go as you go up. I'd bet my engine on your boat would easily do trips at elevation. Just remember to use the bimini prophylactic.

West Coast Bull

Sounds like a lot of internet speed talk , blah, blah blah. Let’s just start a “go fund page “ I’m tired of seeing Gary on the street selling ostrich eggs omelette for his motor 14290

Last edited:

G Allen

+1

First need to see what became of the Sack-O-Parts. It's been a looooooong while since the teardown...

Best advertising for DBR is getting his work on the water for others to see, hear, and get left behind the boat it's rigged on. Would be great to see that motor run on Shasta next May.

cj707

I"ll be down there in February. Tell Dave I'm picking it up. So he better have it done by May whatever….When is the rally Whitney? The 11th-17th?Shasta should be the norm until someone has a better idea

G Allen

Yay Lars! Going for trip teens?

Personally, I want to return to Shasta, along with a side trip day to Trinity, would like to spend more time on the water catching more fish this time around. Last year's multi day rain out was unusual.

Shasta for WAR2020?... Post up!

fastglass1

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

The week of May 11th sounds great. I am planning on most of that at Shasta but also planning on a side trip, but to Clear Lake. Not as many fish but some better quality.

Who is going to setup Shasta with Salt Creek? I called them in January the last couple of year to book the week. I think it is time for someone else to take the lead on this.

dubmoney

I will call them, and let them know we are coming the week of the 11th. I will plan to show up on May 9th and Leave on the 17.