Well, we needed this...

BornYoung

John, see if she likes boating... :smile

And even if she doesn't, bring her :very happy

Now guys she can't ride in any of your rig because they are just too fast but on the other hand my boat so slow it you be perfect to get the blond hair to flow back just a little!

As much rain as we been having here lately it looks like Shasta will and should fill up by the time the WAR comes around. The river system around here are super high and muddy even with very little release from Shasta, Oroville and Folsom Dams. Gene your rain dance must be working! Keep it Up!

Last edited:
J

John Richied

At the rate the water is rising maybe Gene should stop working on his house boat and start building an Ark. :wink

R

Redding XB21

Everyone at the marina has smiles now with the lake coming up. If, big if, the lake gets to normal levels they are hoping for a better year. With low water conditions and the economy, they have had a couple pretty tough years. It is really nice being at a "family" owned vs/corporate facility. Always willing to help and time to chat. Something Gary would appreciate, no problem borrowing a tool to work on your boat or whatever:punch

R

Redding XB21

Me too, Shasta Marina on the OBrian arm of the Sac river. You can see it on google earth. Ours is the one "right there"!

Print this out and put it in your pocket:wink

BornYoung

Folsom and Oroville only at 1/3 compare with Shasta at 1/2 capacity already. I hope the Marina's have good year for a change, I'm sure they need it with the way the economy is around here. (Furlough Friday)
Looking at that video of Gary's boat you won't be kicking sand in that OMGeezer! That motor/exhaust sound SWEET!:punch but don't worry Gene you still have another OMGeezer to kick sand on.

SLOmofo

O'brian thats where the Shasta Lake bad boys hang out. Does Phil still have his house boat there? I think they got togeather Wednesday evenings during the summer. Well have to go pester them if so.

R

Redding XB21

The didn't do it too much last summer due to low water and other issues. Phil generally goes out alone and I think you know why! Now, that would be a challenge for you, if your running!:big grin

R

Redding XB21

I think we should start a POOL to pick how long Gary will be running (except for the trolling motor challenge). We could start with minute intervals and go all the way up to say 2 hours. How's that sound to you guys?

BornYoung

I think we should start a POOL to pick how long Gary will be running (except for the trolling motor challenge). We could start with minute intervals and go all the way up to say 2 hours. How's that sound to you guys?
:LMAO::LMAO:
Gene you better keep on eye on your drain plugs, prop nut and any other nuts you want to keep tight.
:LMAO::LMAO:

R

Redding XB21

Well, the lake is 77' from the crest! According to Chita,(darn she's nice) we'll be having rain thru the week. I'll check out salt creek again this week and see how it's coming.

The state has shut down the bridge work due to pollution running into the lake from the construction. For how long, who knows. That would give us more rooms at Salt Creek.

"Don't need a new bridge anyway", the old one isn't broken.. Save the money to pay off our National Debt!

R

Redding XB21

Latest up date---The lake is at 67' from the crest!! It has come up 6' in the last 2 days.
Kieth & I fished on Sat & Sun, rained all day on Sat.
Anyhow, I spoke with the owners of Shasta Marina to see about getting one of their houseboats for additional sleeping if there aren't enough rooms available at the resort. I could drive it up there and tie up like Daryl & I had ours (will be there again this year) and have more room. It is the 14 sleeper with "everything".
Hi Gene,
You asked about a houseboat for your get together in May. You can have a 14 sleeper for 4 nights, for a total of $1500.00. You pay the gas and you don

West Coast Bull

Gene that looks like a good deal for a house boat .there are only three reservations at Salt Creek and I just reserved cabin # 15. Sure would like to see some photos on the lake with all that water

fastglass1

64 feet and rising. :beer:

That houseboat idea sounds pretty good. If we could get 8 on there it works out to about $47 per night per person.

I am waiting to make my resevation hoping that I'll have a second boat coming down with me.

J

John Richied

I called to make reservations and Tyson is out for a week