Western Allison Rally 2009

R

Redding XB21

I think that the award for "The Most Out Of Shape" should be a pair of depends. :laughing:laughing
Like forgetting to trim down before stabbing it, getting sideways on top of a wake, unintended jumping a wake:shock:, having the wind move the boat sideways at 85+(instead of going there, you are going there and still going straight).

Just something to discuss.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll see what's goin on when the time gets closer. I'd love to come down there. I dunno if I'll bring my boat, might just roll with Aaron and his GS, but we'll see...sounds like fun! How many boats you guys usually have show up?

Brian

R

Redding XB21

:beer:We've had about 16-18 boats at shasta in '07. Of course, a couple of the guys brought more than 1 boat (Lou & Bill) but you can figure on at least 16 boats. We (I) have never seen an xtb so, it wuld be nice to have your boat here as well. Anyhow-----common down:beer: Clearlake is really nice.

Gene

R

Redding XB21

Kieth is not Cattholic, but he used to carry these beady things whenever we went fishing.

Hang in there it does get better. I sort of (maybe not) wish I had less HP on the boat so I could learn to drive it at lower speeds. Starting out with a 150 (old and really careful) for my boat would have been great. That way, I could have just driven the PiXX out of it and not scared the sh** out of myself.

See ya in May,
Gene

GFinch

Gene, throttles have more than two positions. Throttles can be Wide open or Idle and anywhere in between.

Now on the other hand, you also know cozys are either full or empty. :beer:

aaronmt

On a good note I should have the injectors cleaned ,simon flyweel,raised limiter and possibley heads done by then.That should give alil more to pray for.Aaron:big grin

R

Redding XB21

Gary, when I push the pedal down with my cane sometimes the cane gets wedged against the cozy.

On a more serious note for a change, has anyone ever moved the hot foot closer to their seats? I have looked, and it is mounted on a sort of moulded in raised area and I don't want to juryrig aomething. Since it's getting colder and with all the extra clothes on top of El'Chunko I have to make a choice. Be cold or only use half throttle!

I think I'll just have Kieth drive----problem solved:at the bar
See, given enough time, problems solve themselves

badbait

GENE, THERE IS THREE WAYS TO FIX THAT

I wouldn't doubt that Darris has glassed something into the floor that is threaded. So you may be able to get a piece ofAluminum at least as wide as your hot foot and a little longer than the piece that the Hot Foot is mounted on. Drill it to mount in the existing holes that are in the floor and move the hot foot toward your seat and mount it on the plate by drilling and tapping so that it screws to this new piece. Another way to fix this is to sit in the drivers seat and reach down between your legs and push the lever under the seat to the left and scoot your butt forward while doing this. The last way I know of is to get yourself a pair of Prosthetics about a foot long. You will then be able to push the Hot Foot all the way to the floor without your head dropping out of sight.

R

Redding XB21

Bill, I knew I could count on you for a fix:LMAO:. What I've been doing is a "side saddle kind of thing". Getting the good old BB out of the way, and asking Kieth to trim up or down.

J

John Richied

Guys you are both going to have a kick butt time at the rally, however I think it

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, if gas keeps gettin cheaper we may have to bring both boats. I'm liking this cheaper gas thing! Oil keeps dropping, so I'm thinking we'll see premium down under $2 before too long. Now if only diesel would come down too.

J

John Richied

On a more serious note for a change, has anyone ever moved the hot foot closer to their seats?
Gene here is a hotfoot slide... Bob's sells it.

Foot Throttle Slide Plate - #SP
Slide plate allows foot throttle to be moved back and forward to match leg length of driver.
For instance, if foot throttle is mounted permanently in the most forward position for a six-foot driver, then someone 5'6" or 5'*" drives the boat, he or she can't comfortable reach the foot throttle without sitting on the edge of the seat. This is not only inconvenient but also unsafe.

R

Redding XB21

Well guys, this years TOC is over. It was a 2 day thing, total weight for both days. Fishing was pretty tough and only 4 or 5 limits were brought in the fisrst day out of 17 guys. Kieth had a limit and I only had 2. Day two, I had 3 and Kieth had 2 fish.
On Sunday, we finally got on fish about 1pm. Lost track of time and when I looked, thanks to Kieth, we had 7 min by my watch to make it to the 5mph bouys about 8 miles as the crow flys. We made by 1 minute.

Gene, really! You guys in a TOC? Thats a real knee slapper

And Lars, Kieth also happened to weighin big fish for Sunday.

The guys that saw where we were fishing couldn't believe how quickly we made it back. They just look at that Allison and shake their heads:very happy
I guess I'm kinda learning to drive this thing!!!
Gene

Last edited by a moderator: