Western Allison Rally 2009

R

Redding XB21

The "after" is not the real after. I remember what your after pictures look like. hee hee hee.

R

Redding XB21

"""I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone! """

Maybe this time?
You'll have the TM I hope

badbait

Gary, how's your project coming? Will you be testing anytime soon. One good thing about those OMCeeze is it gives you full-time work, which is hard to come by during these times.

GFinch

I have to call in the morning and see if it's on for this weekend. There have been set backs. But with each one so far there has been a silver lining.
Bill, ("I'm going to kick your ***"! ), do you want a ride before or after?

The thing about testing is first it has to be built, run in and tuned. Then I get it, I hope. He's already threatened to keep it and give me something he's thrown togeather and painted with a bug bomb. That would still be better than anything I've ever had.

I'm going to draw on you guys to help me figure out the set up. Hope I can drive it.

R

Redding XB21

Gary, I'll be more than happy to share my wealth of knowledge concerning setting up your missile. Just think back and remember my stunning performance at the last two rallies. I'll be sure to keep you pointed in the right direction. I have a specially modified trophy just for you.

GFinch

I've always thought you could learn something from anyone. Even from an Idiot, you can learn what not to do.

Not to say your an idiot King Cozy. Well maybe an Idiot in a Morons body. :very happy

badbait

Gary, if you get by me I'll add your name to the long list of guys that have gotten by me. Your name will be on page four. But let me remind you that I won't be adding your name until you line up and your s##t actually starts and runs 1000' and gets there before mine. If it's not to much trouble for ya would you mind lining up on my right. Just trying to avoid havin a close encounter with your kind. I'm actually looking forward to this one win, loose, or draw.

aaronmt

When goin for these 1000' fun runs:gasp what size of prop ya guys running.Just think Id like to try it myself,obviously I wouldnt be competive with a box stock 225x on a grandsport but Im sure theres got to someone out there I could stay neer.Aaron

propmanjay

Aaron, we usealy run a 22" with 1 7/8 gears. If all go's well about 9000+ rpms at the end of the run. If you have a stock ecu you will need to prop up. We will have plenty of props to try.

Gary, why can't you be quick and fast? It's only a prop change away. I plan on running 1000' and the radar run if my junk holds together.

badbait

Aaron, just for the record we will have what we call Prop testing and it will be over a 800 to 1000' marked course. You will be running against the clock and be able to compare your times with others in your class. Classes will be determined after we see who is running what. HP and weight will determine what class your in. The completely stock motors are easy. Its the modified motors and light layups that gets us into a guessing game. You will not be running side-by-side with another boat and you can run through as many times as you want. In the past some guys run through 6 to 8 times and have really enjoyed this event. Times will be posted at the end of the day. You will get a time on two stop watches and those times are averaged for your posted time. Only your best time is posted. If for some reason you don't get a time on both stop watches your run does not qualify. So go through at least twice to make sure you get a qualifying run.

This year we need a camera to take digital pictures of any body that wants to do a pass at whatever speed they feel comfortable with. I will explain more about how this works at the drivers meeting. But we do not want any side by side racing. If you want to post a top end speed you will do it with two GPS's in your boat. Safety is a big concern and that is why we don't want guys racing each other.

In the past there has always be a grudge race or two but that has been happening after our event is over and its not part of the program.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

In the past there has always be a grudge race or two but that has been happening after our event is over and its not part of the program.
And even then SAFETY is a big concern…
Let’s start a sign-up list (THREAD) for the prop testing and times.

Then the guys will know who wants to run and what class they are in to run against the clock.

Prop testing is FUN!

GFinch

"Gary, why can't you be quick and fast? It's only a prop change away. I plan on running 1000' and the radar run if my junk holds together"

The boat, XB2003 supposedly doesn't go above 107 cuz of the cousole. Of course It also has a chicken for a driver.

GFinch

Gary, if you get by me I'll add your name to the long list of guys that have gotten by me. Your name will be on page four. But let me remind you that I won't be adding your name until you line up and your s##t actually starts and runs 1000' and gets there before mine. If it's not to much trouble for ya would you mind lining up on my right. Just trying to avoid havin a close encounter with your kind. I'm actually looking forward to this one win, loose, or draw.
The way things have been going you'll have to pick on the Champion!

Arron last year I was supprised just how many times people made runs. It really is a lot of fun, with no pressure. You against the clock.
Hopefully the course will be up for a couple of days for practice like at Shasta.