what cut is this

Casey G

this 28p chopper came with the XB-2002 I bought a few months ago and i'm curios to know what cut it is and what it's designed for?

J

John Richied

It looks like it started life as a 28 pitch Chopper II
And I believe Chad is right on "an Alabama cut"… someone will know the numbers X571 and who did the cut.

J

John Richied

Yep Casey… we have known each other for over five years.
We just now figured that out… hehehe :very happy

The old 32 pitch “Alabama cut”

Was a sweet prop loaded light, but back then in 2002-3 I ran a trolling motor, w/two boys and a 225 Promax so the holeshot and midrange sucked w/32 pitched prop and a 30 pitch lightning ET had better all around performance!

Do you still own the prop? If so how much? :smile

Casey G

i only had it for a short time. that was when i still had my V-21 / 2.5 Drag and i was racing ODBA Lake Racer. i needed a cruising around prop and it was just way to much. i think Wayne Tripp ended up with it.

bigtis

I agree casey. it looks like a cross between an alabama cut a,"???????" it almost looks like they left a little more blade that just alabama cutting it:blah blah blah

spanky

i have a 28 that's cut just like that and love it for fishing or carrying a load.

Fishforcash

The way the leading edge is shaped it very "Hoss" like or the HP cut is called in other areas.

Casey G

how does it run????????????????
last weekend was the first time i got a chance to try it and it runs great! most of the time Amanda and Corbin where with me so i never got a chance to get on it, but late on Sunday on the way to the ramp i got on it a little and it seemed to run nice. the water was rough and i didn't have a jacket on so i didn't push it to hard, but it spun to 7 very quickly and it drove great.