What do xb 2002's like?

K.Kiser

Lots of variables and lots of good 14"-14.25" for sure, but don't be afraid to try up to 14.5" especially for big top end.. At least a 10" jackplate too..

14" would be a hard minimum for me just riding..

suicidealli

I agree a lot will work on a 2002. 14-14.5" dia. I prefer 14-14 1/4. A cut chopper with cup in the right places can really run. You don't need a full bladed chopper on a 2002.
The older inline small ear choppers work very well. Just a little extra cup they run very well. A worked SRX runs well too. Yammi drags run well.
For fishing and carrying a load I like the old trophy. It needs to be cut, and worked for a 2002. it has to much stern lift stock for a 2002

Jack plates: I ran my best speed with 9". The boat slowed down a tad at 10", but I had a lot of hp. My 280 runs good at 10", but haven't tried moving it around. More hp = less plate. Less hp = more plate on average.
This is just what I have found out on my 02

Roy

TBuck2003

Does a 2002 like a larger or smaller diameter prop?
Dave,
With your load and powerplant, I would stick with 14.5". You are not revving RPM's to the moon so this would be perfect for your set up. Sometimes with more power you can run smaller diameter, but that will come with a smaller load also. 14.5" I like on mine with the 3 blade over / hub. With the four blade you can experiment. The Trophy is 13.75" but has a lot of blade area and cupping, so you can get away with a smaller diameter. I personally like larger diameter with less cupping. This way I let the blade lift the boat, instead of cupping which robs horsepower. On ours it LOVES the OT 4 blade and it is 14.75" Good luck and try all you can...

John S

I love my quad 4 28p for river running, very smooth, easy to drive wheel. I would like it even more if I could have a replica of that one you borrowed J. That one rocked!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Todd, I am anxious to try the knob cut you did for my 03 on this 02. I may have a little trouble getting it back from my son.

John S

Todd, I am anxious to try the knob cut you did for my 03 on this 02. I may have a little trouble getting it back from my son.
You will love it on the 02. For everything but long river cruises, my 26p knobber is pretty much welded on.

suicidealli

Just to make sure everyone understands my post.
If you cut a prop, or remove blade area to the trailing edge, or to the tip. you are removing the cupping. It will have to be added back in, or you will have a very high slipping, and inefficient prop. Just a big flat blade.. You put the cupping back in the correct areas, you can have an awesome prop tuned perfect for your, or any other boat.
If you work or tweak a prop for your particular boat can be a great improvement over a stock prop. It is impossible for a prop company to produce a prop out of the box, to be perfect for every boat.

Roy

TBuck2003

Dave,
Call me when the ice age is over and I will go down to the lake with you and throw some stuff on the shaft. I am confident we will find something !!!!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dave,
Call me when the ice age is over and I will go down to the lake with you and throw some stuff on the shaft. I am confident we will find something !!!!
Will do! I got it late last fall and just have a little seat time in it. So far just ran a couple Trophy Plus props and it is very easy to drive.

Last edited:

Bucketmouth

What do XB2002's like?

XB2002's like to go really, really fast and look good doing it, not on lakes with 15+ inches of ice on them.............spring never gets here soon enough.

suicidealli

Dave,
Nothing better than having a prop guy there when testing props, and make changes according to what it needs... Just doesn't get better than that..
I know some serious racers pay 2,000 for a prop guy to come to them and test, and work their existing props for a weekend. 2-3 guys share the bill to work a few props each..... Just doesn't get better than that......

Roy

catfish123

I think Todd's price is $3000 per hour...........he just hasn't told Dave that part yet.