What is your favorite prop for a XB 2002?

Tim Bostic

Just curious ---- how many out there are running 1" to 1.5" above pad on an XB2002 ???

Jim
Hey Jim,
I've never ran my XB2002 1.5" above the bottom...... I never made it that high because handling started going away about 1" high with the setback I was using.... I will give it a try later this year when I have some free time to finish up some testing on some new prop designs. My boat seems to dial-in best at 1/2" high. This was also with a Bob's case. I'll try a few other cases during testing.

suicidealli

Just curious ---- how many out there are running 1" to 1.5" above pad on an XB2002 ???

Jim
The highest I have ran was 3/4 above. I liked it, and it was producing big numbers, but when I dropped it down 3/8 above it felt safer, and didn't slow down any.... I drove one that John had that 1 1/2 above, but it didn't have a lip. It drove good..

Roy

mdevrow

Everyone knows engine height is for your application,Running to the islands with a load extra fuel,person or two and all the extras on board I needed some more bite but not much more. My XB02 was not for fishing just flat out running/and drag racing we do that some around here,besides the allison drag the XB02 is my next favorite hull and set up to run all out I found with the ET with some engine height worked for me--Run the yamaha drag that high and it will blow out but the XB02 needed the ET,s lift out of the hole -for me it was quicker and pulled hard through the powerband.Different prop diameters and pitches call for height changes, but I always got better numbers on the XB with alot of engine height.

suicidealli

Everyone knows engine height is for your application,Running to the islands with a load extra fuel,person or two and all the extras on board I needed some more bite but not much more. My XB02 was not for fishing just flat out running/and drag racing we do that some around here,besides the allison drag the XB02 is my next favorite hull and set up to run all out I found with the ET with some engine height worked for me--Run the yamaha drag that high and it will blow out but the XB02 needed the ET,s lift out of the hole -for me it was quicker and pulled hard through the powerband.Different prop diameters and pitches call for height changes, but I always got better numbers on the XB with alot of engine height.

I agree the drags are awesome then the 02. Amazing how the 02 runs for a bass boat. Darris hit a home run with both of these boats.....

Roy

ally2dextreme

Favorite? well i won a hydromotive prop the first time i talked them guys into giving one away at the rally,only time ive won anything lol.They were working on some tx3s, drag style,its flat awesome,runs as close to a true yamaha as any prop ive had,very neutral and i dont worry about it slinging a blade.Fastest would be my 30 triton that was on my boat when i bought it,pulls hard,drives great and has been the fastest prop for anyone thats used it.I did run my highest speed with my 26 yamaha @113. I have nearly a hundred props if i get only a few it would be an old hoss and the hydromotive...I have alot of cut props and a bad *** 22 lighting that is thined and worked that is nasty as well,hell i guess i have a dozen favorites lol