What prop works best on an XB2003

Bob Ant

My bet is that you just put a tiny amount of cup on the ET it will outperform all of them. ET runs great on a 2002 but I think the 2003 needs just a little bit more bow lift for top end. My 2 cents.

Bob Anthony

WT

This is what I have run on my 2003/225 pm

I have a 26' Trophy worked by DAH this is a great prop with a loaded or unloaded boat run- this prop performs very well-86pmh ( I recommend DAH to work Trophy props- no blade problems)
28" Perfomer good prop runs 91mph
28" bullet cut performer -My fovorite runs 93 mph
27 Hydromotive quad 4 O/T Good driving prop for a med load this is my best holeshot prop 89 mph
28 Yammy Drag- I did not like it-sold it- 85 mph
27 Trophy this was a DOG
4 blades are easier to drive for me

Hope this helps !!!!

Last edited:

Ally03 200xs

WT,

What kind of rpms are you running with the associated props above?

Thanks!

WT

The best of my knowledge was 6500-6750, I never realy paid much attention to the RPM's going that fast. I tried to glance down but its to hard to do for me. I have a recall on the speedo so its easy to know the MPH. I know it was either all the prop would turn or its on the limiter.

Hope this helps

fishnfireman

The best of my knowledge was 6500-6750, I never realy paid much attention to the RPM's going that fast. I tried to glance down but its to hard to do for me. I have a recall on the speedo so its easy to know the MPH. I know it was either all the prop would turn or its on the limiter.

Hope this helps
I'm with you guy..
Trying to watch for floaters, birds, boats, boat wakes, girls, baitfish, speedometer, water pressure, engine temp, that look my wife gets right before she kold-kaks :furious me.cause she thinks-------- "that's FAST enough" -------and you want me to look a the rpm gauge :LMAO:

Ally03 200xs

I'm with you guy..
Trying to watch for floaters, birds, boats, boat wakes, girls, baitfish, speedometer, water pressure, engine temp, that look my wife gets right before she kold-kaks :furious me.cause she thinks-------- "that's FAST enough" -------and you want me to look a the rpm gauge :LMAO:
Fnf, so how do you determine slip numbers without RPM? Please let me know. Don't most prop shops ask what kind of rpm are you running with their prop to help determine modifications?

I've talked to Hoss propellers, Performance propellers, and Hydromotive and the rpm question is always asked.

Please enlighten me if I'm way off...:smile

Ally03 200xs

Hope this helps
Thanks for your answer!

fishnfireman

Fnf, so how do you determine slip numbers without RPM? Please let me know. Don't most prop shops ask what kind of rpm are you running with their prop to help determine modifications?

I've talked to Hoss propellers, Performance propellers, and Hydromotive and the rpm question is always asked.

Please enlighten me if I'm way off...:smile
No----- you are quite enlightened :smile

As far as slip numbers--- I have never been to concerned with them...However if you are wanting someone to tweak a prop... IT IS A MUST, that you have extremely accurate numbers.. Otherwise how could they help you..They will have to know what the prop is doing and what you expect it to do.

Just FYI...I will enlighten you, about my having to much to look at to watch the RPM's
It was purely satirical ! Just funnin :smile

I normaly know exactly how many rpm's a prop will turn....

Last edited:

Ally03 200xs

No----- you are quite enlightened :smile

As far as slip numbers--- I have never been to concerned with them...However if you are wanting someone to tweak a prop... IT IS A MUST, that you have extremely accurate numbers.. Otherwise how could they help you..They will have to know what the prop is doing and what you expect it to do.

Just FYI...I will enlighten you, about my having to much to look at to watch the RPM's
It was purely satirical ! Just funnin :smile

I normaly know exactly how many rpm's a prop will turn....
Ok, it just sounded like rpm to speed was not important. I thought you had a magical way of tweaking props.

I wanted to be enlightened...:smile

It is all good take it easy, FNF! :beer:

GotMyAlly

I drove the one on Hydropromax's boat last weekend. It was downright scary. At about 80, if i was even going that fast (no gps), it was dipping and diving the nose to the left. And it required a LOT of trim to even get it to go that fast. Maybe a spinelli worked for an alli would be fine, but that one was all wrong for an 03.

fishnfireman

Ok, it just sounded like rpm to speed was not important. I thought you had a magical way of tweaking props.

I wanted to be enlightened...:smile

It is all good take it easy, FNF! :beer:
When talking props I wish I was magical------------OR all prop makers would use the same pitch blocks.. Often times, trying to run the numbers..turns into some of that fuzzy math.

Sometimes I swear they mis mark the pitch. I had a 26 Chopper that Dave Bostic worked. It ran numbers which would make a 28 jealous. But then I had a 30 pitch, someone had worked and reworked..it would not ran as fast as a 26 Trophy at the same rpms

Lotus 50

I ran a Spinelli DR4 on my SS2000 for a year. It was by far the most stable of my props at the time. Not the fastest, so I sold it. I did read in B&W that the DR4 was the hot ticket for Bullets. By my eye, it had a lot less rake than the props that run faster for me.

baitcaster

I am surprised that no one mentioned an SRX. The 29 SRX was the fastest prop I ran on my OMC. It had been worked by DAH and I found it to be an extremely well built prop with plenty of bow lift. It handled very well and I really liked the prop for my 3.0 L.

pickwickangler

Best holeshot and midrange prop hands down is knob cut chopper from hydromotive. I told Todd I wanted a prop to put boat lengths on folks out of the hole and I be danged if that aint what I got. I lost a half of a mph on top but good gosh at the performance I picked up on the bottom end. I have ran sum where around 60 props on my 03's and the knob cut chopper is by FAR the best prop for blastoffs. If runnin one fer miles to put up a internet number is your game then the knob cut aint fer you, If you gonna call somebody out and yall takin off from a dead stop then by all means knob cut it :laughing.

catfish123

I have never heard of a knob cut..........Do you have any pictures of it or is that just an uncommon name for a more familiar cut?

pickwickangler

The cut was named after me :laughing , reason you never heard of it is cause its the only one in existance ...fer now. A few saw it run at the rally and I believe they already hittin Todd up to saw on theirs. Todd wanted the prop back to put a little tail lift in it but he nor anyone is gettin their hands on this little jewl!!! He just gonna have to cut me another one :big grin:big grin. Kinda looks like a yamaha cut ET, if that makes any sense. I posted a pick last year, I see if I can find it.