What to do with my Alli??

resqu-u

Hi Guys,
I'm planning to do some clean up maintenance work on my trailer. I have a place to store the boat for a few days but only two options on how. Which one do you think would be best. Time frame to need it off the trailer is maybe 2-3 days.

1). Put the cover over it and leave it in the water in a small sheltered slip, tied up at multiple points, no waves, little tide, zero boat traffic.

2). Pull it out of the water on a roller trailer, not set up but should fit ok, move it to the side of the ramp no more than 10ft and put the cover over it.

Thanks for the input!

K.Kiser

Putting it on another trailer would be OK as long as the support offered isn't hideous... You could also build a couple wooden roller dollies to go under it, but you'd probably spend $75 at the home improvement store in material but you could keep them for future boating needs... You could use some automotive jackstands with other misc. blocking as a temporary perch if you chose... Several different ways, and a little common sense will make them all work... I'm sure whatever you choose it'll work out alright..

GotMyAlly

I'd dock it. 2-3 days won't hurt it. I've left mine tied up in a slip for 2-3 days at a time on a few rare occassions. Wouldn't want to leave it in the water any longer than that, but for that duration it'll be fine. As long as the water is relatively clean, it shouldn't be too hard to wash the scum lines off afterwards.

hack02

Most of my 2 or 3 day projects end up taking a couple of weeks due to unexpected work and such. I'd put it on a trailer and carry it home. No time deadline that way. Just me though.

mxzx

My GS is left in the water at our dock all summer. Other than it takes a bit to clean the hull in the fall, leaving it in the water hasn't been an issue.

resqu-u

Me too hack!!!!!!

Roy
Yep, I run it to that at times as well! I don't have that much to do, mainly replace the bunk carpet and clean up the rust starting on the bunk board mounting tabs. No way to tow it, the trailer is not fit for more than a few feet. I can use it anytime I need it though. I may end up using both at one time or another. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Darth VMAX

Serious inquiry:

What is the issue with leaving it in the water for extended lengths?

Mind you I constantly wax my boat/hull (yes, even the pad LOL) but I go on a annual vacation (Table Rock Lake MO) and leave my boat in the water for at least 7 days. I have never had any issue what-so-ever. I have done this with all my boats.

My dad has been doing the same thing to his boat which he bought new in 1968 and there has never been any water related issues with the gel/hull.

besides stains (which as much wax is on my boat, waterlines just wipe off) what can happen?