whatever happened to John Richeid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Ant

I think he's tooling around in a 14 ft jonboat with a 15 HP marineer. Only kidding.
I talk to once in a while when I see him on line. He's alive and well and still making his 2002 fly, running over 100 regularily.

When I first got my Allison John helped me greatly, even sent me some tools of his for loan for changing the flywheel.

Come on back.

Bob A,.

fishnfireman

John who,

Isn’t he the guy who went from a Tracker or Astro or some boat like that, to an Allison. Then within 30 days was the all-knowing utmost authority on every model of Allison, Mercury motor and propeller ever built.

Yes-- I remember him now..Other than myself, Red, and Yeller. He was one of the most Opinionated, self centered, egotistical, argumentative dudes to ever drive an Allison, or be banned from a web site.

Other than that he was a pretty good ol-boy to come from the left coast !!!!!

Last edited:

badbait

The John I know may be a lot of the things already mentioned above to some of you but to me he is a single dad living in Washington raising his two boys and doing a great job of it. Our West Coast Rally

R

Redding XB21

The John I know may be a lot of the things already mentioned above to some of you but to me he is a single dad living in Washington raising his two boys and doing a great job of it. Our West Coast Rally

whipper

John is a great guy! Straight shooter and always willing to lend a hand from the conversations Ive had with him. He helped me out last month getting the timming set up. I gave him a call he wasnt sure about my Q but gave me a number of a guy he knew would know for sure because he didnt want to guess at it. Very plesant to talk to everyu time we,ve talked on the phone and PM,s. Heck the whole dang Ally family is great!! well i have to shovel the drive way off snow heading to the lake for one last blast!!!of cold that is.Its 30 deg and Im bundleing up Ill take some snow lake pitures Canadien style! I better bring a shovel the ramp is most likely snow covered to.!!:laughing berrrrrrr!:banghead

cdaallison

John is a great guy! He loaned me his steering cable luber and didn't know me from Adam.I talked to him the other day and he said the boat and motor are running great. I am glad to have an Allison owner only 2 hours away. Mike

robert

You know, I always thought John was a free spirit and enjoyed his hyperbole. It is nice to hear that he is a really good guy. I am on the west coast too and there are too few Allison owners out here. In nevada, I believe there are a total of 4; one grandsport, 3 xb21s. that's it!

RedAllison

"...Other than myself, Red, and Yeller. He was one of the most Opinionated, self centered, egotistical, argumentative dudes to ever drive an Allison, or be banned from a web site..."

WTF I'm offended, I'm hurt, I'm shocked, I'm gonna call "Al & Jesse" on ffm! :banghead I'll have you know I am NOT egotistical!!! :LMAO::LMAO:

lmao, ol Pinkie is Pinkie. First time I met Pinkie was during the 3rd rally I think it was (03). Gotta give him credit, he is SOOOOOO sure of what he knows about Aboats that he went toe 2 toe and argued right there in the parkin lot face 2 face with Jerry Jaco!!! :argue

lol "da family" certainly has been, is and will continue to be made up of colorful characters and individuals!
RA

ps
"Egotistical" man I'm just CRUSHED!!!

WildWolf

lol "da family" certainly has been, is and will continue to be made up of colorful characters and individuals!
RA

ps
"Egotistical" man I'm just CRUSHED!!!

Aren't the above the same statment????:LMAO:

RA, LOVE reading your posts man, keep it up:soap box

WW :beer:

GFinch

You know, I always thought John was a free spirit and enjoyed his hyperbole. It is nice to hear that he is a really good guy. I am on the west coast too and there are too few Allison owners out here. In nevada, I believe there are a total of 4; one grandsport, 3 xb21s. that's it!
Keep an eye on the WAR08 and start planning to attend.

Even tho I have an OMCease John would talk to me, come to think of it everyone else treated me like I had one eye in my forehead. :laughing

John and his boys are truly good people.

glassman

John is a great guy! Straight shooter and always willing to lend a hand from the conversations Ive had with him. He helped me out last month getting the timming set up. I gave him a call he wasnt sure about my Q but gave me a number of a guy he knew would know for sure because he didnt want to guess at it. Very plesant to talk to everyu time we,ve talked on the phone and PM,s. Heck the whole dang Ally family is great!! well i have to shovel the drive way off snow heading to the lake for one last blast!!!of cold that is.Its 30 deg and Im bundleing up Ill take some snow lake pitures Canadien style! I better bring a shovel the ramp is most likely snow covered to.!!:laughing berrrrrrr!:banghead
Whippy your whacked! boats don't go on snow (or ice). I checked my lake today, still mostly open (we have a coal fired power plant dumping hot water in the lake). Temp about 28F, just a skiff of snow. I couldda rolled the boat down the ramp and gone for a run-not happening!

fishnfireman

Glassman,

Only a true prop-head could find truth and humor in your definition of a boat!

I have seen many different ones over the years.....But your's is my new favorite !!!!

.My wife will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.