WTB Headlight for XB2002

Dave Hensley

Looking for the pop up headlight assembly that came on the XB and XTB back in the day. Motor must work and the tray needs to be intact. They were bad about burning up when lowered hot.

hoxie

Night hunting for deer in a xb2002!!! I knew you were a outlaw!!! LMAO

suicidealli

this was mine. had a off/on switch, and momentary toggle for the motor. you could ajdust to where you wanted it.
Mine worked last year when I sold it....

Last edited:

bc's xtb21

When I bought my first xtb I took it by a friends house to show him and his son came out to look at the boat, wanted to get over in it and play, I said that was fine, what could a five year old hurt in an empty boat? I was showing my buddy how the cool front light worked and I neglected to let it all the way down (probably had the light up a couple of inches ) when the cute little tike ran to the front of the boat and jumped on the nose, SNAP! I about puked and tried to laugh it off, but boy will that make you sick when that happens and you are ON YOUR WAY HOME FROM BUYING IT! Lol

bc's xtb21

I would love to find one for the xtb I have now, they sure did look cool. And first kid I see close to it will get swatted.lol

Dave Hensley

Ouch. Somewhere, someone has a couple of these brand new in the box laying under a work bench. Just got to find them. Analogous story. I got an AMT Turnpike slot car set for Christmas in 1962. They were big, expensive and difficult to assemble. 1/24th scale and the cars had carriages under the track so they could not come off. They would spin around, change lanes, run backwards....just neat. Both cars tore up Christmas day and the set went back after Christmas. In 2005 I found a brand new one never used on Ebay. Today I have 7 sets and 3 of them were never opened. There is a headlight out there...

Last edited:

suicidealli

Ouch. Somewhere, someone has a couple of these brand new in the box laying under a work bench. Just got to find them. Analogous story. I got an AMT Turnpike slot car set for Christmas in 1962. They were big, expensive and difficult to assemble. 1/24th scale and the cars had carriages under the track so they could not come off. They would spin around, change lanes, run backwards....just neat. Both cars tore up Christmas day and the set went back after Christmas. In 2005 I found a brand new one never used on Ebay. Today I have 7 sets and 3 of them were never opened. There is a headlight out there...
LMAO!!!!! Enough said.. Can't wait to see that new light installed...
I will keep my eye open...

Roy

Dave Hensley

Iced in today and colder than dangit. Took the light apart. The little servo motor and gearbox were all potted together. Scraped that off and found the gearbox was loose and binding so the motor would not run. Took it apart and now the motor runs but the little gearbox, which looks like an old friction motor, is bound up. The driven ring gear that attaches to the light itself is broken loose but I will machine a plate for it. When I get through the light will be worth a least $500 in labor alone...

suicidealli

Iced in today and colder than dangit. Took the light apart. The little servo motor and gearbox were all potted together. Scraped that off and found the gearbox was loose and binding so the motor would not run. Took it apart and now the motor runs but the little gearbox, which looks like an old friction motor, is bound up. The driven ring gear that attaches to the light itself is broken loose but I will machine a plate for it. When I get through the light will be worth a least $500 in labor alone...
Lmao...

patches

No way in the world I could bring myself to cut the hole in the nose of the boat that light would require

Chad Phillips

My father in law's '83 19V had one of those that didn't work, I think he trashed it though. I can ask and see if he still may have it for parts?

Dave Hensley

Think I might have found one brand new in the box. Once they cut the hole you are kind of stuck. Makes em lighter....no pun intended

patches

I agree, once it's there you might as well find a working light but I couldn't imagine taking a saw to a new boat

looking

Dave, sorry I wasnt able to get pics today. Been busy working on the 03. I have something to cover hole on mine roy. This is just a template but I think it will look pretty good, just need to cut it out of aluminum now and counter sink the screws.