WTB HiPerf flywheel gear ring

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Yeah, mine is broke. Looking for Merc HiPerf v6 245-260 flywheel outer gear ring engaged by bendix/starter. I don't care how many teeth--I have several bendixes. Mark 800-247-4073 Iowa

Last edited:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Hopefully, someone has a busted flywheel that the gear ring is still good...I am reduced to rope starts.

Last edited:

BGohr

you know there is a part number for it............

msethsmile

Funny Guy
looked up flywheel on web--only listed as whole. called merc dealer--only listed as whole flywheel--doesn't separate gear ring. called merc hi perf in WI--no go

Last edited:

BGohr

Merc Hi Perf has the number, we used to order them all the time, I only have one left and I'm keeping it

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Thanks for the help. Evidently, Mr. Gohr knows more about merc parts than Merc Hi Perf custmer service.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Call me goofy, but when I call Merc Hi Perf there should be a reliable answer--that's their job. In this case they said the ring was not available. BG should apply for a job at merc or better yet--open up a shop across the street. Its the second time in as many months they have given me the run around.

procomp

Mercury doesn't give a chit about high perf outboards anymore...............sad but true.
Easy to just say no then spend any time on it

1fast1

I think have a 260 flywheel with a bad hub I will look when I get to the shop

John S

Cliff, one question. Do you really need to go into the woods to get a clean cut on the 2x4's that you use to mash the beer cans on your deck?

FlatOutAlly

Silly question, Johnny. My neighbor has constructed a french drain delta that carries all the empties from my entire back yard to the street in front of his house. It probably gets no better.