WTB trailer jack

fnshrmaster

Lets just say it helps keep our marine dealers in business, but on the other hand the internet is wide open to almost every part out there.
I shop at a local marina up north to help out local business. I do use the internet when possible for higher priced items. Without a good repair shop I don't see how a marina can make it these days.
Most boats sold are used, my buddy that owns the place has not sold a new pontoon in 4 years. He used to sell 8-10 a season, ordered or bought off the floor. Now the floor has used consignment boats.

fnshrmaster

Good looking boat and motor in your posts Mr. Kurt! Did you get to try the trolling motor?
No I didn't Dave. I am sure your guy that does the rebuilds did a good job. I am going to get 2 new 27 series battery's for it and give it a run as soon as the warmer months show here in the snow belt. Kurt

Dave Hensley

Going to get the green and tan 03 wet this weekend I hope. Temps in the mid60's, not to rub it in....got a fresh 260 powerhead on it. Looking forward to it. Ran 109 in the Drag boat with the old 2.4 powerhead on it. Got to get a gearcase and we will put the 280 powerhead on it and see what we have. Still need some set up work. It wants to lay on its side at 105.

Dave Hensley

Had a stock Sportmaster, with blunted nose, on it and it took a hard dip on the right nose at about 104-105. I had a 200 case that would be a good fishing/riding unit and put it on. It lays over to the left with it. It was more comfortable but still the lean was pretty severe. I am going to try and gather up several items and sell them off with the hopes of raising enough cash to buy a 1.75 Steckbauer to put that area of the boat to bed. Building a fixture now on my dolleys to flip the boat. No real mods planned, just making sure everything is as it should be. Got side tracked with the XR2002 and did not get done what I wanted on the RR. Worked hard on getting the XR in good shape and had a blast with it. I hate to part with it but it is diluting the effort.

bassracr

has anyone found a nice replacement that works on the older SMP trailers ? mine attatches with the snap ring also , I would like to find a nice new direct replacement without having to modify anything. ( I just realized how crazy that sounds..not have to modify something ! )