WTB trailer jack

jcoats3

I needed one myself. Was looking around at local BPS one day and noticed one that would work on my trailer. Mine has the plate welded on the frame. I went and asked the service dept. manager about it because they dont sell that kind on the floor. he found it in the spec sheets for their boats and found one in the back. Was around 60 bucks, fit prefect.

bassracr

I needed one myself. Was looking around at local BPS one day and noticed one that would work on my trailer. Mine has the plate welded on the frame. I went and asked the service dept. manager about it because they dont sell that kind on the floor. he found it in the spec sheets for their boats and found one in the back. Was around 60 bucks, fit prefect.
Do tell ! Is your trailer a boatmate or smp ? You got a brand name and model number for that jack ? Inquiring minds want to know

jcoats3

its a ride lite trailer, '94 model . Dont remember name of jack at work at moment have to look.its standered equipment on the trackers a few months ago.

jcoats3

It had the mount to u bolt around frame. I just took the new jack apart at snap ring and put on the plate on my trailer. I know i looked online for a month before running up on that set up.

Jay Martin

Do ya'll remember the thread I posted about an over kill trailer jack? See pic below..

I still have the origianal jack your looking for, theres nothing wrong with it, just decided to upgrade.

jcoats3

Just looked it is a fulton brand. Have to dig for numbers justt glaced on way in. Trailer is a lite rider.

delgrad59

Have an smp trailer with the welded on plate. Went to harbor freight and bought their little jack, with the double latch. took it apart cut a couple of springs then reattach the c clip. works fine and now I don't worry about the single pull pin bending

Jay Martin

If curious about the Fulton mount, heres how I did it.

The old jack had a plate welded to the frame, that bracket had the round center which is where the snap ring was at, I cut the round off flat then welded the Fulton plate to the old plate, the Fulton bolts to to new plate with 4 bolts.

If you order the Fulton it will come with two differnt size u bolts, you have to order the weld on plate seperate, I think it was somewhere around $30.00.

Dave Hensley

I was in real need and found a Reese 1200# jack at the local Co-Op. Model 74410. worked well except the pin was smaller than original. Made some inserts for the weld on pkate out of flange nuts and took up a bunch of the in the jack to trailer interface by grinding the flange nuts through a trial and error fit until the snap ring would go on. Got it good and snug now. Bottom line is that these small jacks are pretty much junk. Jay had the right idea by going to the bigger Fulton.

Jay Martin

I was in real need and found a Reese 1200# jack at the local Co-Op. Model 74410. worked well except the pin was smaller than original. Made some inserts for the weld on pkate out of flange nuts and took up a bunch of the in the jack to trailer interface by grinding the flange nuts through a trial and error fit until the snap ring would go on. Got it good and snug now. Bottom line is that these small jacks are pretty much junk. Jay had the right idea by going to the bigger Fulton.
I was in a farm/auto parts supply house this morning and did see some jacks that had the snap ring style mount, I was in souch a hurry I did not look at the brand name, next time I'm in there I will look and make a post here for others.
Dave, when I decided to go with the Fulton I had no idea how huge this jack is, pictures can't begain to tell how big it really is.

Dave Hensley

To be very honest the more I work on these trailers the less of a fan I am of the Boatmate. They ar made right here in my home town and I have 4 of them but the quality of materials and workmanship is questionable at best. Plus I can't even go over there and buy parts. I have a Lite Rider and also owned an Oklahoma that I want back and they are of higher quality and finish.