XB2002 Fuel Tank PU Mod

22R

I have my tank half out to fix a fuel leak and I want to modify the pick up to either 90 degree back or angle back so I can get the last few sips of gas when running. I did a search but with the new website upgrades I can't see any good pics. Anyone here did this or knows the best method to use. I already have mine out so I am just trying to figure out what will work best. Any place to buy a upgrade kit ????? doubt that !

thanks,
22R

bassracr

are you talking about something like this?
http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/1990-bass-racer-redo.5373/page-2#post-93193

I suppose you could add a hose to the end also like the factory did that would lay on the floor
do you have aluminum tank or plastic? Gary Finch had pictures on a post to modify the plastic tank http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/xr2001-fuel-system-pics.15372/#post-148456

I think this would be the best option for aluminum tanks,I have thought of taking on someday....http://thegastankstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3635

Last edited:

22R

Appreciate your response. I have a plastic tank and want to keep the pickup entry at the top just want the suction screen relocated closer to the back of the tank. I have the fitting removed from the tank and the plastic tubing that is barbed over the fitting is what I can't visualize adapting yet. The fitting is 3/8" pipe threads into the top of the tank with a smaller 1/2" barb and I need to either find more of the plastic tubing and modify it or convert it somehow to copper or ss tubing....I am studying and in no real hurry... any other comments ?

22R

bassracr

Appreciate your response. I have a plastic tank and want to keep the pickup entry at the top just want the suction screen relocated closer to the back of the tank. I have the fitting removed from the tank and the plastic tubing that is barbed over the fitting is what I can't visualize adapting yet. The fitting is 3/8" pipe threads into the top of the tank with a smaller 1/2" barb and I need to either find more of the plastic tubing and modify it or convert it somehow to copper or ss tubing....I am studying and in no real hurry... any other comments ?

22R
do you have any pictures of your current setup? if you are only looking to siphon out the last bit, could you just attach a hose to the pickup tube long enough to make a 90deg. turn on the floor of the tank and stop just short of the back wall ?(assuming the bottom of the tank is flat) I suppose you would have to look through the sender hole and index the fitting to make sure the hose end would end up where you want it... is that a possibility or make sense ?